Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carbs

My sleeve was in may of 2012. Iv lost 118 pnds and look and feel great. Im one of the lucky one to not have much sag at all. I was 324 now 206. Now I'm craving junk food...twinkies Cookies cake ice cream OMG what the heck...could it be my vitamins...this is driving me nuts...i gotta go eat a HoHo...

Don't do it! It's so not worth it. First of all, those food we used to eat don't taste anywhere as good as they used to, and also, they tend to make sleevers feel sick. I do have a sweet treat every once in a while, so do treat yourself, but not to cakey type things - they'll make you feel yucky! I eat a very tiny amount of ice cream every once in a while. I did have a cupcake for someone's birthday the other day and I felt like crap! I do understand the craving. Take care! And congrats on your AWESOME weight loss!!!!

I keep some Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt in my freezer for when I feel I need a snack. It is pretty tasty.

I don't buy things that I shouldn't eat. When I was really craving carb Snacks, I made sure to keep some protein-filled stuff in my pantry. I had chips that had Protein in them as well as pretzels that I bought online. I also found Protein Bars like the Atkins Mudslide was tasty and filling.

Carbs creep in, seriously. I did SBD/Atkins for a long time and eventually the carb deprivation just gets to you and it's really hard to not go back to the carbs you loved, which, for a lot of us are the really bad for you carbs. I'd suggest trying to find some low-er carb stuff that's at least somewhat good for you so that it doesn't become a habit again.

I try to delay my cravings at least a couple days. I figure if I still want it 3 days later, then I should probably have just a little.

You know you've been on low carbs too long when you finally eat some corn and it tates as good as eating candy! :P

Thank goodness they don't make twinkies anymore......HoHo's either....I'd be a real gonner than....LOL '

Ask yourself if you really want that carb or is it head hunger. Mine is pretty much head hunger so I try to avoid those carbs...

For me, the best thing is to just plain out right not buy them.....Eat something that has Protein. I usually eat nuts or a piece of fruit. then get busy and do something physical to get your mind off it.... Look how well you've done up till now, keep going, you are going to reap the benefits... :) You can do this....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches