Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Finished W6D3' date=' 22 minutes straight! Yay![/quote']

I'm right behind you, gonna hit that day tomorrow. Keep on running!

Did a very difficult 4mi run tonight. I officially hate running at night. My feet get so hot from the heat radiating out of the sidewalk. I need to give myself more downtime between runs as well. I ran 4.5mi yesterday and it felt a lot better, but I was :30second/mi slower yesterday. I think I'm going to have to start figuring out how to fuel for longer runs.

So happy to see everyone progressing!

I'm still going. Finished week 11 of couch to 10k. Runs were shorter this week. Only 5.5 km in 50 minutes. I'm on a road trip for the next 3 weeks so running will be interesting!

I'm still going. Finished week 11 of couch to 10k. Runs were shorter this week. Only 5.5 km in 50 minutes. I'm on a road trip for the next 3 weeks so running will be interesting!

That is awesome and encouraging! I've downloaded to c210k App and and mid week 7 but plan on continuing. I am slow runner and will need to run longer to go the correct distance

That is awesome and encouraging! I've downloaded to c210k App and and mid week 7 but plan on continuing. I am slow runner and will need to run longer to go the correct distance

The longer you stick with the program, the faster you will be able to run...it's weird but true.

My wife and fellow VST member (phoenix79) is thinking about starting c25k. Please encourage her. :) this is exciting to have a running partner! We are quite different in height where she is 5'6" and I am 5'11" . That would certainly translate into different stride lengths gaits, etc. will have to figure out how to make that work so we can run together.

I signed up to do a 15K on March 1, 2014. I started my training yesterday by jogging 3 miles. My legs were on fire. My butt hurt the entire time I was jogging because I am still healing from plastic surgery that I had 4 months ago. I was jogging so slow, a old woman with a walker could have passes me. This is a big goal for me! Any advice to keep me motivated will helpful!

I signed up to do a 15K on March 1' date=' 2014. I started my training yesterday by jogging 3 miles. My legs were on fire. My butt hurt the entire time I was jogging because I am still healing from plastic surgery that I had 4 months ago. I was jogging so slow, a old woman with a walker could have passes me. This is a big goal for me! Any advice to keep me motivated will helpful!

[/quote']

Stay slow. Concentrate on the distance and don't worry about your speed. Focus on good form and eat to fuel your runs...which is not the same as eating for weight loss btw. Figure out what fuel works best for you and stick with it. Good luck.

My wife and fellow VST member (phoenix79) is thinking about starting c25k. Please encourage her. :) this is exciting to have a running partner! We are quite different in height where she is 5'6" and I am 5'11" . That would certainly translate into different stride lengths gaits' date=' etc. will have to figure out how to make that work so we can run together.[/quote']

Fiddle....when my wife and I met she was a marathon runner. I obviously was not. Last September when I started c25k, she joined me. She had been out of running for a couple of years, but still the c25k was very easy for her. But she stayed with me to encourage me and keep me company. She would talk and I would gasp and pant. Eventually I got to the point where I could carry a conversation and that was very nice. Unfortunately soon enough my speed and distance surpassed her. I was training for my first half marathon and she wasn't interested in running more than the occasional 10K. So we quit running together full time, but we still keep each other informed as to all our running accomplishments and training. Occasionally we still do take a run together and it's quite nice, although a bit slow for me. But I'm willing to do it occasionally, considering all the times she ran slow with me in the beginning. She's 5'2" so we may never be a speed match...and we may never run together full time again. But it's still something we share as a couple. We sign up for races together and then just see each other at the finish line. It works well.

Stay slow. Concentrate on the distance and don't worry about your speed. Focus on good form and eat to fuel your runs...which is not the same as eating for weight loss btw. Figure out what fuel works best for you and stick with it. Good luck.

WOW, I have a lot to learn. Mmmm, my tiny tummy does not hold much, especially with these compression garments still on. I am really going to have to do some research on how to fuel my body the right way. Thank you Butter so much! And hey, by the way, you are looking great!!!! Happy Healing :-)

Thanks sweetpea. What did you have done? I just had a TT.

Lower body lift, butt lift and breast lift (no implants). Thing are looking great! My stomach is still very tight, so I noticed I was slightly bending forward while jogging yesterday. I am sure it will just take time for everything to heal and stretch back to position again.

Just finished week 12. I'm on holiday and currently in Sydney and where we are staying is very hilly so it had been challenging! I'm feeling the hills in my hips. Two weeks to the end of Couch to 10k!

Lower body lift' date=' butt lift and breast lift (no implants). Thing are looking great! My stomach is still very tight, so I noticed I was slightly bending forward while jogging yesterday. I am sure it will just take time for everything to heal and stretch back to position again.[/quote']

Just curious - what was the cost on all of that?

Just finished week 12. I'm on holiday and currently in Sydney and where we are staying is very hilly so it had been challenging! I'm feeling the hills in my hips. Two weeks to the end of Couch to 10k!

That's amazing and inspiring to think of you running thru the hills. WTG