Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help with vitamins

I currently have a lapband getting my revision on 2/12 I currently talk a women's Multivitamin because it has more Calcium B12 and Biotin I have been instrucuted to stop the multivitamin because of the vit E and A can thin the blood how soon did you sleeves start your Vitamins? And what is your regular Vitamin routine? Dis you start with cheeables or liquids i know b12 can get sublingual also this revision has happened so fast had my band put in 5 years ago and I notice some are saying they are eating Tomato Soup when able to I thought we were supposed to stay away from Tomato because of the citric acid I didn't go through the options program that kaiser makes everyone go though I went into a consultation for removal and was offered the sleeve in one step assumed I had to go through the program and then have the sleeve done one year after removal I feel behind With the post op recovery part but it sounds similar to the band except the stage periods seem longer which I understand because of the leaking risks

I did not start Vitamins until I got to soft foods on the 3rd week.

3 weeks !!!! Omg wow I am such a beiever in my Vitamins is that what your dic suggested ?

*doc lol

I started Vitamins as soon as I got home. Just depends if you can handle th whole or cut up. Mine did make me nauseous for about a week.

Yeah three weeks is what my Dr. said but as with most things it varies greatly between dr's.

I was given the Vitamins in the hospital after surgery, and have taken them ever since. surgery date was 11th October.

So what is your Vitamin routine ?

I took chewables (YCK!) didn't make it a priority.(I did take my Rx pills-they are small) Followed my post-op diet. Now I take my Vitamins everyday. Calcium is the hardest the pills are so big (tried all the crewables-I can't tolerale any sugar alcohols) There are some small ones but you have to take sooo many!

I was so glad to get that band out of me!

The best to you :)

Dee

I have found a great multi-Vitamin. It's called "Slice of Life" and available at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, etc. They're like gummie bears! I take one in the morning and one in the evening.

B-12 sublinguals..Black Cherry flavored and every other day. They are 1000mg a piece.

calcium citrate chews by Bariatric Advantage..carmel flavored, three times a day.

my bloods came back before my op, with low B2, so I take a B2 supplement, Vit B complex, 5-lox, Biotin, multivitamin called Forceval, horsetail, hair Vitamin supplement, starflower oil, rhodiola, vitamin D/Calcium chewable, vitafusion fibre gummies and multi vitamins..

Holy cow! Do you have room left for food?

my bloods came back before my op, with low B2, so I take a B2 supplement, Vit B complex, 5-lox, Biotin, multivitamin called Forceval, horsetail, hair Vitamin supplement, starflower oil, rhodiola, Vitamin D/Calcium chewable, vitafusion fibre gummies and multi Vitamins..

I do have to wait a while before eating, but I'm petrified of losing my hair, and have issues with my knees - 5-lox is meant to be really good for joints.

I started taking chewable gummies at day 5.

First I am not sure how to start a new post? I have had a bit of a scare my first blood test was done and my B12 levels were 5000 900 is normal my D was up too. I was taking b12 every day liquid more than was prescribed anyone know about this high levels really concerned see my surgeon next week?