Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did You Celebrate Getting to Goal?

I am 2 pounds away from my goal! A friend asked me yesterday if I am planning a big celebration or party and it occured to me that I had put zero thought into how to acknowledge this HUGE milestone. On some levels, I think I have always had some doubt about if I would achieve it but now it is looking quite certain!

When I get to goal, I will have lost 150# from the start of my preop diet. (I was actually heavier than that at one point but that is where i started counting). I have lost a whole freaking normal sized woman or two kids or about 18 newborns.... you can think of this alot of different ways - but i have lost alot of weight and it deserves some kind of recognition!

Curious what others have done. Yes, i have been open about my surgery and have lots of friends and family as supporters.

You deserve to treat yourself, that's for sure. I don't know what I'm going to do. I already bought myself a Harley for hitting the 150 lb lost mark....not sure what I should do to top that.

post-17584-13813662955739_thumb.jpg

Isn't it sad that we don't think about celebrating for reaching such a huge milestone. I never thought I would reach mine, so when I did, I almost started crying on the scale. Then I called my husband and said "LOOK!" which I would have NEVER done before, let my hubby know how much I weighed. I called my Mom and told her, but that was about it. I wish I would have celebrated it more, although I do go out and buy clothes ofter :)

I bought an entire new wardrobe, from underwear to jammies to workwear to casualwear to outerwear and accessoires, but it was a few weeks and pounds before goal. I even had to have new eyeglasses made and my wedding ring resized!

My BFF, who knows I had the surgery, like everyone else, asked me the other day about my coat, "Is that new?". My response was, "Of course! Everything I wear is new!"

I hit my goal & like a lot of us, went out & bought new clothes, bra(s), undies, shoes, boots,etc!!! It felt absolutely amazing to go in VS & shop & feel awesome about how I look! My joke used to be "Vicoria will have no secrets if I shop there", well that's in the past!

I constantly update my wardrobe... I feel a lot better in properly fitting and stylish clothes so that has sort of been my reward all along.

I guess I am looking more to have an "event" or something. I guess i need to think about it....

Maybe buy yourself a special piece of jewelry.

I got a normal sized Bracelet, which I could never wear before. I also bought a pair of boots a few months later which I call my goal boots. They are skinny through the calves and fit me great. Plus, if I say so myself, I look HOT wearing them :-)

Lynda

lost alot of weight and it deserves some kind of recognition!

Cowgirljane

i know i've mentioned this before - so if you already know - sorry for having to read it again :(

when i was very, very close to goal i got a tattoo

in small italic letters - first letter of each of my 3 grand-kids names with a red heart under each letter

M organ (12) A ndrew ( 9 ) E than (5)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

if you are not a grand-parent its hard to imagine the love "you feel for your grand-children :) "its" an amazing feeling :)

hubby wasn't "thriied" that I got a tattoo :(

but i promised him i wouldn't get another one for the next 58 years :lol:

Cowgirl and all - do something out of the ordinary when you reach your goal

maybe run in the middle of the road screaming I lost 150 lbs WooHoo!!!! ;)

btw

congrats on your amazing weight loss!!!! :)

Now I never set a goal weight so I find myself settling for 143 lb one day and the next day I want to get to a goal of 140 lbs. however I am struggling with wanting to revert back to previous eating patterns. Now I've been grazing and tomorrow will refocus to 3 meals a day and one snack. So let's do something to Celebrate our success. I'm going to Las Vegas on March 23 and will make that my celebration. :).

I finally figured out what I am going to do today. Two things actually.

1. Buy a matching leather coat that fits my new size. I like my current leather so much.

2. Get a message at massage envy

Once my wife reaches goal ( still pre op), we are going to take a vacation to Disney world in FL.

I think a holiday is a cool idea.

Or something extreme that 'boom-bahs' can't do. Skydiving, bun-gee jump?

I love your ideas!

You know, in a way I have been celebrating just about everyday on this journey.

I already went flying on a trapeze (and from that moment decided I never want to skydive or bungee jump....lol)

I went with girlfriends to buy designer clothes (the big Target thing) so I can actually fit in skinny girl clothes. Wow, that is a first in my freaking life. (warning I am a size 8 in most pants, but took 10s and 12s in the designer label so be forewarned if any of you are ordering stuff online). I bought cute heels.

I feel like I have treated myself alot, but i just need a milestone event. I think I will throw myself a party because it is a very public committment to myself.... this is the upper end of my new weight range. I know I will always need to be vigilent and will likely have struggles.... but instead of bouncing between 250-325; I will be bouncing between 150-159..that is my plan.... it is a big committment and I will need all the support that I needed while losing that weight.

I love your ideas!

You know' date=' in a way I have been celebrating just about everyday on this journey.

I already went flying on a trapeze (and from that moment decided I never want to skydive or bungee jump....lol)

I went with girlfriends to buy designer clothes (the big Target thing) so I can actually fit in skinny girl clothes. Wow, that is a first in my freaking life. (warning I am a size 8 in most pants, but took 10s and 12s in the designer label so be forewarned if any of you are ordering stuff online). I bought cute heels.

I feel like I have treated myself alot, but i just need a milestone event. I think I will throw myself a party because it is a very public committment to myself.... this is the upper end of my new weight range. I know I will always need to be vigilent and will likely have struggles.... but instead of bouncing between 250-325; I will be bouncing between 150-159..that is my plan.... it is a big committment and I will need all the support that I needed while losing that weight.[/quote']

A party or dinner with healthy delicious food with a huge poster of the old and new you!