Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back from the Beach

We're home, and we had a GREAT time!!! The weather was absolutely sparkling, and I have a whole new respect for the New Jersey Shore. It's not all boardwalk and tacky arcades, nuh-uh. We were staying in a friend's house in the wonderfully named Surf City on Long Beach Island. Now I'm all jealous and coveting even the tiniest shack somewhere within walking distance of the ocean. Oh well, probably not in this lifetime.

But it was fun, and I think I only gained a coupla ounces. That would be from the ice cream. ;)

Welcome back Alex... so glad to hear you had a wonderful time and BTW... you were missed! Glad to see you and your posts back!

Darcy

Hi Alex

Welcome Back..so glad to hear you had a great time. I've only been to the beaches in New Jersey once sinceI live on the west coast but I was so amazed at how much distance there is from the san to the shore..such wide stretches of sand. it's not like that here on the west coast. A couple of ounces is nothin' I call that fluff weight, it will be off in no time

Welcome back, Alex! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Rest and relaxation! Glad you have a sharing friend with a beach house. You don't have to pay the taxes or upkeep on it. You can just go and play!

ALEX!!! Welcome HOME!!! Long Island is a beautiful place. When my sweetie used to live in CT, I would fly up to visit. I would fly into ISLIP on Long Island and he would meet me by coming over on the Ferry from Bridgeport, CT. There is this cute little restaurant right there a block from the ferry pier that has the most scrumptious Blackened Salmon that melted in your mouth. The Ferry was an adventure. The quickest way to get from the Island to CT from the airport.

Anyway, I digress glad you are home.

Penni, you've got Long Island and Long Beach Island mixed up (not hard to do, I know). Long Island (LI) is part of NY and the site of the famous Hamptons, playground of the rich and famous. There must be parts of LI where normal people hang, but I've never seen them.

As a child I spent summers off LI's coast on Fire Island, a most amazing barrier beach with car-free communities strung along it, which has pretty much spoiled me for beaches. I hate driving to the beach no matter where I am. But Long Beach Island in NJ (LBI) is essentially the same sort of place as Fire Island, only with cars. Even the houses farthest from the beach are walking distance, if you're not carrying too much crap.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. I'm exhausted!! ;)

I'm glad your back as well. I have never been to the east coast and would love to get back there some day. I love history so I know I would have fun exploring. Glad you had fun, Teresa

OK, you twisted my arm enough. ;) My bite's all better, and here is a pic of my darling daughters having fun at a cheesy amusement park.

post-203700-13813131257232_thumb.jpg

Alex I am glad you are back. I am going to padre Island in September. I cant wait. I used to live in New Jersey in Cape May. I went to the beach there and at Wildwood it was great But that has been about 28yrs ago. I would go to the beach with my 2 little girls also. Savor this time with them while they are young. Missed you Love Janie

Thanks Alex....oh what cuties they are! They are brown as berries for all their beach activities. I remember when my mother said "you are as brown as a berry". I always thought, "berries are red" and here I am saying the same thing. Anyway, glad you had a fun time.

Carolyn

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

I am glad you are back and had a great time. I want to go to the beach. There is not a beach close to Tennessee....well not one that I could go to and come back.

Alex, first of all, this "Jersey girl" must step in and defend my cheesy boardwalk. I love the tacky NJ coast & and the cheezy nonsense that goes with it.

Second, that little one is looking a bit too much like you... are you sure that's not you on that ride?