Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Ok, online dating gurus.

Here's a recent pic of me at a car show. Should I use this as a profile picture? I'm a bit concerned about the baggage/implication of the location/clothing, but maybe I'm overthinking it? It's really the only recent picture I have

edit: oh yeah -- I'm now officially "overweight." That still sounds bad, but not as bad as "obese" or "morbidly obese" whoo.gif

I like the picture! Your a cutie :rose:

Nice car too HOT HOT

Nice car too HOT HOT

See, that's kinda the problem right there. First, that particular car isn't mine (mine was out in the sun). Second, I do want to find a gearhead/race fan, but don't really care for the kind of people who are always thinking about the cost of other people's things -- if ya know what I mean.

See, that's kinda the problem right there. First, that particular car isn't mine (mine was out in the sun). Second, I do want to find a gearhead/race fan, but don't really care for the kind of people who are always thinking about the cost of other people's things -- if ya know what I mean.

Ohh yeah..some of us women actually care more about the little things in life then material objects. Shocking I know. I'm sure it gets annoying when you find women that just wants ya for your car or some other thing like that. My ex husband was big BIG time into racing so yeah I know exactly what u mean. I think he loved the car more than me..in fact I'm sure of it..LOL.

I'm sorta new here, but I'm glad you brought up this topic. I think it's important.

about me my name is Jennifer ( i was banded Jul 12 2006 ) I'm single after being in an off-on realationship ( mostly off ) I just joined a dating site after working on myself, I frankly wasn't ready when I was over-weight. I was extreamly self-consious about my weight, mostly because I was with a man who didn't appriciate me. But, now I'm ready to tackle the single-dating life. I've talked to a few guys on-line nothing serious just talking ( I do really fine when I'm on-line ) It's always been until I meet them. But this time is way different ( I look way different ) I won't tell a man about my band until we get serious, and if he doesn't respond well, Well, than he wasn't meant to be.

Manatee I think the pic is a good one, but personally I prefer a pic where I can see the person's eyes. Maybe use another pic and your main pic, and this is a secondary photo. I thought the pic of you that you posted before was a good one. Congrats on setting up a profile - and good luck! :)

Welcome Jennifer! :)

Ok, online dating gurus.

Here's a recent pic of me at a car show. Should I use this as a profile picture? I'm a bit concerned about the baggage/implication of the location/clothing, but maybe I'm overthinking it? It's really the only recent picture I have

edit: oh yeah -- I'm now officially "overweight." That still sounds bad, but not as bad as "obese" or "morbidly obese" whoo.gif

<3 Ferrari

Is it Ducati that's made by Ferrari or who is it?

Believe it or not, Ducati used to be owned by Texans. :) It's now a publicly traded Italian company with no ties to Ferrari

I really want to pick up a Duck, but the morons in traffic around here are just too bad. I quit riding after dodging one too many Sedan de'Villes

Congrats JC!!! Did you have a good time?

Ooooh, look at you JC! ;) Congrats on the date!

Is there such a thing as a non-scale defeat?

I was at the local B&N/coffee shop Sat night and asked a woman what she was reading (trying to make small talk). Got back "what's it to you, fatass?" ;) I ended the conversation at that point.

On the positive side, she's probably not someone I'd be interested in long term :)

As an complete aside, I notice tonight that I now can get drunk on just one bottle of wine. That's new.... ;):) :)