Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

one week out, is this good or bad?

I'm one week out tomorrow and luckily my recovery has been very very fast and easy! I can eat about 2 cans of progresso Soup broth over the course of a day including sipping Water, sipping Protein Shake, and maybe one sugar free Jello cup. Starting weight 219, currently 209. 5'6 tall. Is this crazy that I can consume this with NO problem???? I sip when hungry and am having no pain...is this bad? I don't know if I need to cut back or limit my liquids :-/

I was like that too ! We're just the lucky ones ! I'm 4 weeks and can eat almost anything ! Just make sure u get all ur Protein and liquids in

no everyone is different... just follow your doctors instructions and you wll be alright.... I also didnt have any problems ... we are some of the lucky ones. just measure or weigh your food and all is good !! congrats on the weight loss !!! keep up the good work ..

Yep, just keep doing what your doc says & keep up the good work!

I'm the exact same as you. I'm 5 days post op and had 70oz liquid and 70oz Protein today (only 22oz of the liquid was protein) along with all my Vitamins and I feel fabulous. Heck, I even walked the equivalent of 4.5 miles today with no problem whatsoever. I think this is a good thing, right?

Great job!!!! I'm still struggling with my liquid intake....But I'm eating fine go figure lol. I'm 2 weeks post op today :) Not to change the subject but how do I get that weight chart thing some of you have on the bottom of your posts? I'm pretty new to this website and can't figure it out!

It wasn't easy for me the first week. It actually took me a few months to really feel better. I say you are healthy and had a great surgeon. Enjoy your easy recovery. :)

Nevermind I think I figured it out ;)

Great job!!!! I'm still struggling with my liquid intake....But I'm eating fine go figure lol. I'm 2 weeks post op today :) Not to change the subject but how do I get that weight chart thing some of you have on the bottom of your posts? I'm pretty new to this website and can't figure it out!

It's called a ticker, go into your profile & click tickers...it will walk you through it!

I felt I've been extremely lucky too! I'm 11 days post op and 22 pounds down, no problems with movement, or the liquid/protein diet. Seeing the Surgeon on Wednesday to be cleared for pureed/soft foods.

Ok thanks!!

Thanks for the replies! I'm just glad to hear its ok and there are others like me! I'm going to continue with my routine. :) hoping everyone else continues doing well too. :)