Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Is the Sleeve Right for Me?!?!

I am scheduled to have the Sleeve Surgery with Dr. Garcia in Tijuana Mexico on March 23. I am so excited but also worried. I know the sleeve is made so you can't eat large amounts of food. My problem is that I already don't eat large amounts. In fact I hate the feeling of being full. I am a snacker. It is not unusual for me to go 2-3 days without eating a meal. I will eat junk food and sweets throughout the day instead. I eat stuff such as little debbies, ice cream, frozen pot pies, ramen noodles, and similar junk. Do you think the sleeve will help me eat less and better? I know it is not a miracle cure but I hope it will be a tool to help me eat better and no sweets.

I would love to hear from someone who has had the sleeve surgery and who had the same bad eating habilts as me. Please let me know what you think from your experiences with your sleeve. I have researched all the different surgeries and this one seems to have the best results with the least side effects. I don't think I have heard of anyone who was unhappy with the results.

I am 32 years old, 5'3", 310 pounds, with a BMI of almost 55. I have to do something and I feel like this is the surgery for me but I don't want to spend this hard earned money if it is not going to work.

Please let me know what you think, whether it's good or bad.

Also I would love to meet people who are having surgery around the same time as me in Tijuana.< /p>

THANKS!!

I ate a lot of crap...and craved it like a pregnant girl ..since my sleeve I have had minimal cravings..when I want something I will eat it. A lot of my cravings are gone..where before I could eat a box of little Debbie's in a day..lol..best thing in the world I ever did..I have hope finally to be what I have always deep down wanted to be but never admitted it to myself. Good luck. I would never regret this I'm loving me today

;)

Ha! I ate meals plus snacked all day!

This may actually be perfect for you. Let me share how I eat. I have eaten this way since I was permitted solid foods and continue to after reaching goal.

out of bed - coffee with non-dairy Creamer

2 hours later - Breakfast

2 hours later - nut snack

1 hour later - veggies and dip

1 hour later - lunch

2 hours later - cheese snack

1 hour later - another nut snack

1 hour later - another cheese snack

2 hours later - dinner

All the while, I drink sugar-free liquids all day. Of course, the contents of all these eating sessions has evolved over the months to goal, but I continue to eat at the same times. It just works for me, and it might for you.

Good luck!

I personally hate sitting down to a meal. I can never get more than a few bites and its frustrating. I eat cheese, crackers, Jerky, tuna, Protein Shakes, an egg with veggies, occasional cold cut. If I do eat a meal its usually a Pasta dish (doesnt fill me up as much). I have lost 70 pounds since preop diet Sept 3, 50 pounds since surgery on Oct 3. So it works. I dont eat nearly as much, but I eat what I want. Only thing I can no longer tolerate is shell fish, i bring it right up...bummer.

I eat very similar to kyllfalcom. I eat something every couple of hours or so.

Breakfast is usually a couple pieces of turkey bacon and a very small coffee with non-fat creamer and splenda

Around 10 I have about 10 almonds

lunch is usually 2 ounces of something. Lately Ive been addicted to the Hawaiian chicken "cupcakes" from www.emilybites.com. They are the perfect meal size for me.

Around 2 I have about 10 cherry tomatoes with a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles and a tbsp of olive oil

Around 4 Ill have 2 ounces of lowfat cottage cheese

dinner is usually a tilapia filet (it takes me an hour to eat it. Half a filet at first then 30 minutes later the other half) or Ill have another "cupcake"

snack could be some pistachios or a couple chocolate covered strawberries or sugar free popsicle

All throughout the day I drink Decaf tea with splenda for my Water. Im a tea addict now.

I'm not sleeved yet, but would like to share what I've learned having the band (which sucks as a WLS tool, at least for me!) Your stomach will be smaller and initially you may not be hungry . . . but at a grazer you need to determine if you eat because you're hungry, out of habit, boredom, emotion, etc.

I keep on thinking it's going to initially be pretty awesome getting rid of that hunger hormone (but it is produced elsewhere in your body and from most accounts I've read, hunger will return in time - and some folks don't lose it at all). But, then I look back at all the times I ate even when I'm not hungry. It won't control for that.

Also, having WLS doesn't necessarily control WHAT you put into your mouth - only the amount. It's still calories in - calories out. If those 6 - 8 Snacks are high calorie fatty foods it's entirely possible to not lose weight with WLS and in fact gain. You'll see a lot of that type of topic here.

WLS only does part of the job - the rest is up to the individual.

Thank you all for your input. I totally eat out of boredom. I very rarely get hungry. I don't expect this to be a miracle cure, just a tool to help me lose weight. I know I will have to do alot of work myself. The nurse I talked to said I would only have a 4oz capacity for food. Even though I only eat small meals I know I eat alot more than that. I just don't want to sabotage this with sweets.

I ate a lot of crap...and craved it like a pregnant girl ..since my sleeve I have had minimal cravings..when I want something I will eat it. A lot of my cravings are gone..where before I could eat a box of little Debbie's in a day..lol..best thing in the world I ever did..I have hope finally to be what I have always deep down wanted to be but never admitted it to myself. Good luck. I would never regret this I'm loving me today

;)

You sound just like me and our weights are not that different!! When did you have your surgery? Your comment makes me feel alot better.