Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the board.

Hello everyone. I am new to the board. I weigh somewhere around 400lbs plus. I feel great and am very happy with everything but my weight. I did the diet program last year at this time and lost 106 pounds in 17 weeks. It only took 9 months to put it all back on. I am now considering the lapband surgury and am comeing here to hear from people that have been dealing with life after surgury. I do have insurance that will pay for it and I have medical reasons that would qualify me to have it. (early stages of diabeties, cholestoral, and blood pressure etc). What do you all think. Should I do it? Is it the answer or is it a waste of my time like the weight loss program was? I held strick to the 800 calories of their food for 17 weeks but was unable to treat the addiction to bad food. I have always been able to hold true to a diet for about 3 months then look out, it's all coming back plus.

Thanks for any input.

I'm in the same boat... heavy, hbp, pre diabetes and I figure I'm only gonna go down hill from here after losing and gaining at least four times. I figure have the surgery while you're healthy not after your sick with diabetes, heart attack etc...It's perhaps God's last chance for me to reclaim my temple.

The band sounds like it would be a wonderful tool for you. And, you would be able to eat more than 800 calories a day. I have tried every diet I can think of and been successful for a while, then would go off and gain everything back plus some. I just love food. The thing I love about my band is I don't diet, count calories, points or anything else anymore. I just listen to my band and when it tells me I have had enough to eat, I stop eating. If I don't, it is very uncomfortable and unpleasant things, like a pb, may happen. Now, granted I do make a point of making healthier choices and exercising. But, other than that, I have found the band journey to be the easiest form of weighloss I have ever tried. Even when you do give in to those certain food cravings, your band is still there working and will only allow you to eat a limited amount of those food.

If you can do it. I am trying very hard to get the surgery. I think I am going to self pay. I will need to have a co signer but I do not care. I have tried since 1978 to loss wt. diet pills, fast,all type of diets, egg and grapefruit, Jenny Craig etc., but have ended up at the same ore more wt. now at 294 I want to stop this cycle I have adopted 7 children and want to see them finish school and start their life. Only if I was in your shoes I will say yes Lord I am ready to stare a new journey you have open the door. God Bless and Keep you as you start a new chapter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches