Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your band tighten after exercise?

absolutely yes...

Hey guys!

Just a little advice! When you work out your body, youre breaking down your muscles and when you do that your body naturally wants to repair it so "water" from your body rushies to those areas and it can affect your band. Just like if you have more restriction around your period, you retain Water. So drink lots of Water so you can get rid of the water. Treat the water gain....limited salt, eat cabbage lol etc. I have found out that this band is a life learner, EVERYDAY something changes for me. Wish all of you the best!

Hey Everyone! I have a question... I had my second fill a couple of weeks ago, and have just gone back to normal foods a few days ago. I workout 3-4 days a week (1 hour cardio and 1 hour weight training)... Since this second fill I cannot eat after working out. I finished working out last night and waited about an hour and a half to eat. I was only able to eat a single chicken tender and my band felt soo tight that I didn't think that the food was gonna go down( I ate slowly, small bites, chewed, had plenty of moisture, not a lot of breading). Same thing happended on Saturday when I attempted tuna salad about an hour after working out. Am I the only one whose band seems to cinch up after exercise? Is it a mucus thing? Any thoughts or tips would be great!

Exercise doesn't really effect my tightness but the time of day does in a huge way.

Kim,

Between my sister and I we have decided that lapbands are very fickle. Although I'm sure most docs will not agree, we are positive that emotions, altitudes (my sister is a flight attendant), periods and a number of other reasons that our bands would tighten up. I used to work 12 hour night shifts and then on my 3-4 days off I would try to sleep like a normal person. A naturapathic doctor told me that would confuse my body and affect my band also. So in my opinion it's very possible that exercise could possibly do the same thing.

Take care and good luck. WTG on the exercise program!

No doubt all those factors - and many more - effect restriction level throughout the hours, days, weeks.

Brad

My doctor told me drink a hot beverage in the morning. Guess it's to loosen the band...

well I have been unfilled for a year and a half and just recently been getting stuck these last two nights. coincidentally after cardio

9even though i waited an hour before eating) who knows...last night i tired some paella, by tried...i mean i sat down to eat and after 2 bites felt stuck and then it came up. i took it easy the rest of the night and had oatmeal.

then this morning i didnt eat Breakfast, just had some chocolate milk and actually tried to eat a chicken sandwhich with roasted red peppers, portabella mushroom and carmalized onions for lunch and it went down fine with slow and careful chewing. tonight's dinner was sea bass and artichoke. the sea bass went down fine but i was half way thru the artichoke when i knew i needed to stop eating and find a trashcan stat!

i know i need to take it easy tomorrow and stick to yougurt, Protein shakes and soft foods! sucks!