Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoga! Yay me!

I have been doing yoga for a long time, but to accomidate my body/energy level (knees, etc) I was doing generally a low-key flow that focused on breathing (well ok they all do that) and keeping flexible.

I started a 40-day kick off program to the Baptiste Vinyassa Hot Flow here at Big Yoga. It is kicking my butt! lol

Each week we have so many classes, home classes, and reading/studying through the guidelines he encourages you follow (not Hindu-based guru mumbo jumbo - no offense to many but that just feels like baubles and gold speckle paint to me). So we progress through very grounded, wholistic (not whole silly) lessons and practice, practice, practice...while being very present and here.

I really like this yoga. Two decades and I feel more grounded and centered here than I ever have in a studio. I never kept to a studio - I was never with at group in any real way past my mid twenties, so for almost 2 decades. This feels good.

I just wanted to share. if you are local, you have missed the program for now (they do it once a year, for now) but the studio is encouraging, any time, anyday...newbies and old hands welcome.

While I feel encouraged that I am progressing, I feel really good just to be now. you know? just - be. Now.

I keep thinking about a journey, and progress, and for us that is vital, we have to push the long term and see how we got where we were, to get where we need to be. All of us in the weigh loss/sleeve journey have a slightly different perspective than others. I don't think we should ever let our awsomeness in achieving what we have achieved ever become mundane for us. But I also like the thought of being present and in my breath and still. I had gotten away from that.

They know about the weight loss, and I have had people, just randomly come up to me and tell me they "heard about my journey" and that I am awesome. lol.

In a good place right now. Even though Hubby is still about three weeks at best from being home from this trip (business), I feel ok.

No, I feel awesome. More than a year out and I am only getting better. yay me!

:D

Gratz pookey! Ive followed your post the past 4 months and always enjoy what you have to say. Good luck with the new plan. Ive never tried yoga...always i was way to flabby to ever be able to center myself but a new day is a comin! You make me want to give a beginner program a go!

Yoga is my new favorite. I have 3 small kids, so I do it at home, but I look forward to it.