Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So...... Waiting to hear back from doc if my surgery needs to be delayed since I have shingles. On my face. Specifically along the nerve that runs from my ear under my eye and down my nose... It's not until 2/4, but not sure how long this will last.

So...... Waiting to hear back from doc if my surgery needs to be delayed since I have shingles. On my face. Specifically along the nerve that runs from my ear under my eye and down my nose... It's not until 2/4' date=' but not sure how long this will last.[/quote']

I have a list of Vitamins u can take to get rid of it. Worked like a charm when both my kids had them. Completely gone in a week. I'm at work right now, will post as soon as I get home :)

Thank you so much!!! This is the first time I have had them. Since its on my face, it's harder to cover up. Can't risk infection....

Is shingles contagious? I always thought it was not but a friend of mine has taken off work because she believes she is contagious.

Any thoughts?

Ah okay. Thanks!

Was told its highly contagious. Since its on my face, I can't cover it the same as if it were on my body. Need to take extra precautions until they are all scabbed over.

L-Lysine 500 mg-2 times a day

Vitamin C 2000mg-2 times a day

Cayenne Capsules

Vitamin B 100mg-3 times a day

Zinc 80 mg a day for 1 week

Calcium 1500mg a day for 1 week

Magnesium 750mg a day for 1 week

Vitamin E 400-800 IU daily

Echinacea

Don't know why but this works. Best wishes. Hope your surgery doesn't get cancelled.

I've had shingles twice. After you get over it, I would recommend getting the shingles vaccine.

Off work three weeks. Surgery is delayed. Moving from 4th to 18th I think. This is pain. Eye is swollen shut. Ugh. WWWWWHHHHYYYYYYYY????????

:-(

I'm so sorry to hear about this :( I feel your pain...kind of. I had shingles a month before my surgery. Those things are nasty little boogers. My case wasn't as severe as yours and it was on my back but it was miserable for about 3 weeks. I know that having your surgery pushed back a couple of weeks is heartbreaking right now when you are so excited to begin your new life but in a few months when you are dropping pounds like crazy and your new body is peeking thru this will all be just a little bump in the road and a distant memory. I hope you feel better soon and heal up quickly...and I wish you an easy and speedy recovery from surgery as well ;)

Thank you!!!! I'm bummed it was pushed back, but I know it's for my own safety.

In the mean time I'm going to start unpacking my clothes from when I had a successful attempt at weight loss. Also checking out wedding dressed while I wait. Then one month post op I will get to go dress shopping and be able to buy a smaller size knowing I will fit in by the time my wedding happens. Don't want to stress. And on my other post a member eased so much fear about pain.

I blame insurance for stressing me out and causing shingles. Wish I could make them pay, but just knowing surgery is happening in a little over a month has me so excited!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Also it's the 25th. So get my count down STARTED!!!!! :-)

Thank you!!!! I'm bummed it was pushed back, but I know it's for my own safety.

In the mean time I'm going to start unpacking my clothes from when I had a successful attempt at weight loss. Also checking out wedding dressed while I wait. Then one month post op I will get to go dress shopping and be able to buy a smaller size knowing I will fit in by the time my wedding happens. Don't want to stress. And on my other post a member eased so much fear about pain.

I blame insurance for stressing me out and causing shingles. Wish I could make them pay, but just knowing surgery is happening in a little over a month has me so excited!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Way to stay positive! Your surgery will be here before you know it :)