Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So ok this is my 2nd attempt at surgery .. my first i moved out of the area and my insurance changed so i thought i could tackle this beast alone .. fast forward 2 yrs later &i weigh more now then i did then .So in april '12 i go through the seminar nut classes etc only to have my Ins change AGAIN .... So my nut says"no biggie this ins is actually easier than the last" great im thinking ... i meet with surgeon have a date in Aug only to be call 5 days before and be told my current insurance is the only sector of insuranse that does not cover the SURGURY part so basically they cover the bariatric program ... but not the surgery WELL WHATS THE FRIGGIN POINT OF THAT ! grrrrrrr! so everythung is cancelled ,depression sets in etc .Fast forward to 11/12 guess what insurance change . .. again soooo im w/in my 6 month window for my nut classes to still "count" so i have to wait untill 1/13 to make a new appt with surgeon etc ...done !.....now new ins wants 6 months of nut appts (i have 4) and the dr assistant said well let me check with the "insurance girl" if u dnt hear from me on monday give me a call .... WTH!!! its wed ive called left 4 messages in the last 3 days she hasnt called me bk yet....i NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOING IN HERE PEOPLE ... my nut classes expire mid jan can i just take 2 more do i need ti start over :( just tell me something... grrrrrrrrrr ! im doing my part jeeze!

wheeewhhhh .. sorry just need to vent !

I hope you hear soon! I can't even imagine what you have gone through! It will be worth it in the end! Good luck.

lol thx texas ... i probably sound lime a friggin nut but im doing what she asked me to do i dnt schedule surgery friday because i dnt want to feel stupid or piss the Dr. off by scheduling it AGAIN only to be told i need to do this or that .. im very respectful of others time i know they are busy but com'on here find what what i need to do if anything and ilk do it if not then lets get it going here ... i guess im annoyed because if u are late 5 min or dnt return a call etc they will skip over u in a second .. thats not the case here and i think im driving my hubby nuts ... no i SURE i am .. lol

I'm so sorry for all you have gone thru. I had a few set backs with insurance and was very frustrated...I can't imagine your frustration level. You WILL get thru this and reach you goal...unfortunately if we want the insurance to pay for it we have to jump thru all of their hoops and them some. Good luck!

Wow im sorry you have to go through that. Have you ever considered any of the surgerons in mexico? They have pretty good self-pay prices, and payment plans, no hassle, and thousands of people say their experience was great.

no i never thought of that as an option .. but i did get a call back and i have to redo nutrition for 6 mos:(

That's insane! It seems like your insurance changes whenever it feels like it (except for when you changed jobs).

no i never thought of that as an option .. but i did get a call back and i have to redo nutrition for 6 mos:(

I'm sorry, I know you must be so disappointed. Can you possibly appeal the decision?

~Dana

That's insane! It seems like your insurance changes whenever it feels like it (except for when you changed jobs).

lol yeah and the crazy thing is I haven't switched jobs in 2 years .. initally yes when we moved but i was then put on my husbands after a year i figured id try it again it was covered i began the process... at the beginning of my Nut appts he took another managerial position with another company ... which i was very happy about .. called they said they covered the program and found out that the company had the exclusion called HR tgeyvsaid dont worry as of 1/13 we will be switching carriers and here i am ...:)

I'm sorry' date=' I know you must be so disappointed. Can you possibly appeal the decision?

~Dana[/quote']

yeah i am because it seems like im always so close then something happens ... sometimes i feel like is this God telling me dont get the surgery ... as in something bad is gonna to me etc .. then my mind starts racing and all these crazy thoughts come in ... idk ! no i cant really appeal because they will cover it i just have to do whats stated i have all the requirements now if they deny after that then an appeal can be presented ...so here i go Nut 1 on 1/16 ... lol i just keep saying ive been fat for 10 years whats 6 more mos and in the mean time try not to lose weight .. go figure ....and build some muscle under this fluff ...thanks for listening yall:)