Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New - Just started researching

Good Morning.

I am Randi, almost 36, mom of 2. I am starting to research LapBanding. I'm scared to tell anyone I am doing this because I am afraid I will hear the same crap.. "Diet and exercise". I have been "dieting and exercising" for 20 years. How much longer to people want to see me fail? I want to play with my kids. I want to be able to go to Six Flags and ride the rides with my kids and not be told im too big to ride. :think

I was too scared to consider bariatric surgery. This seems less invasive.

I know 3 people who has Gastric Bypass. All 3 look wonderful. I am jealous.:cry

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself. Whether I go forward or nor, I need a place to start!

Sincerely

Randi

Lake County Area, Illinois:)

Randi, I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't told anyone about my decision, not even my husband. I don't want everyone looking at me and asking questions. I will probably come clean later, but for now, I'm closed mouth.

I began researching it about a month ago, and have scheduled to go to a seminar on the 11th of this month. I have researched enough that I know this is the surgery for me. I too know several that have had the GB surgery and they look wonderful and lost the weight so fast, my cousin is having it on the 9th of November. However, for me the risk just weren't worth it. i have two children and didn't want to chance it.

A friend of a friend had the GB 60 days ago, she is still in the hospital and for some time they didn't think she was going to make it, she is just now waking up and she will have to go thru months of rehab. It is a scary thing when you actually know someone who has had this kind of complications, she is also on complete dyalisis because her kidneys were shutting down, but I think they are making a come back now. I think she is going to survive, but not without some serious problems. Again, another reason I'm chosing Lap Band Vs. Gastric Bypass. But that is just me, others feel the GB is the way to go, like my cousin.

Welcome.

Randi,

Hi, I'm new here also and I grew up in Waukegan, Illinois. Went to East Campus. I would love to go to Six Flags and ride the rides also. Heck just to be able to walk around the park like I did when I was 16 and not have to stop ever 100 feet to rest. I'm in the beginning stages of having the surgery. I have been to the seminar. Just submitting my application. Life is too short and we are too young to be held down by this weight. Lets take it off. I'm here for you.

Hi Randi. I know! I know! Some people won't get it. I went to the first seminar at the lap bandd doctor's office and didn't tell anyoine I was going. I wasa so glad. When I told my husband about it after that, I was armed with the right words to say and the right way to educate him. Then I told my mother. The response from both was really good...much better than if I had told them before. Not sure if I'll tell anyone else or not....People who just say diet and exercise to people like us are happy to live in a shallow world, and that's fine with me. I'm in my fifties and wish I'd been able to do it 20 years ago.

Thank you! I feel better just knowing im not the only one that

is scared to tell someone!!!!!

Where are you from???

Randi, I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't told anyone about my decision, not even my husband. I don't want everyone looking at me and asking questions. I will probably come clean later, but for now, I'm closed mouth.

I began researching it about a month ago, and have scheduled to go to a seminar on the 11th of this month. I have researched enough that I know this is the surgery for me. I too know several that have had the GB surgery and they look wonderful and lost the weight so fast, my cousin is having it on the 9th of November. However, for me the risk just weren't worth it. i have two children and didn't want to chance it.

A friend of a friend had the GB 60 days ago, she is still in the hospital and for some time they didn't think she was going to make it, she is just now waking up and she will have to go thru months of rehab. It is a scary thing when you actually know someone who has had this kind of complications, she is also on complete dyalisis because her kidneys were shutting down, but I think they are making a come back now. I think she is going to survive, but not without some serious problems. Again, another reason I'm chosing Lap Band Vs. Gastric Bypass. But that is just me, others feel the GB is the way to go, like my cousin.

Welcome.

:)

Thank you! Just curious, why are you goig to have to self pay. No chance insurance will cover it??

Randi

Hi Randi. I know! I know! Some people won't get it. I went to the first seminar at the lap bandd doctor's office and didn't tell anyoine I was going. I wasa so glad. When I told my husband about it after that, I was armed with the right words to say and the right way to educate him. Then I told my mother. The response from both was really good...much better than if I had told them before. Not sure if I'll tell anyone else or not....People who just say diet and exercise to people like us are happy to live in a shallow world, and that's fine with me. I'm in my fifties and wish I'd been able to do it 20 years ago.

I hope you don't mind as I sent you an email direct. :)

Randi,

Hi, I'm new here also and I grew up in Waukegan, Illinois. Went to East Campus. I would love to go to Six Flags and ride the rides also. Heck just to be able to walk around the park like I did when I was 16 and not have to stop ever 100 feet to rest. I'm in the beginning stages of having the surgery. I have been to the seminar. Just submitting my application. Life is too short and we are too young to be held down by this weight. Lets take it off. I'm here for you.

Thank you! I feel better just knowing im not the only one that

is scared to tell someone!!!!!

Where are you from???

I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Betsy,

I have been on lots of diets too. Gained more back afterwards. My band is the best money I have ever spent. I have spent alot of money on candy, cookies and ice cream. Where did that get me? Diabetes type II, high blood pressure, bad knees........

Be grateful that the band exists .Do you want good health or not ? To all those questions about diet and exercise .... You do have to choose healthy foods and exercise with the band. The band keeps you from overeating. I am thankful for mine.

edie

Good Morning.

I am Randi, almost 36, mom of 2. I am starting to research LapBanding. I'm scared to tell anyone I am doing this because I am afraid I will hear the same crap.. "Diet and exercise". I have been "dieting and exercising" for 20 years. How much longer to people want to see me fail? I want to play with my kids. I want to be able to go to Six Flags and ride the rides with my kids and not be told im too big to ride. :think

I was too scared to consider bariatric surgery. This seems less invasive.

I know 3 people who has Gastric Bypass. All 3 look wonderful. I am jealous.:cry

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself. Whether I go forward or nor, I need a place to start!

Sincerely

Randi

Lake County Area, Illinois:)

I was just banded on the 16th. its hard its not easy to start to consider A big step in your life; but once you have taken this step i would continue. I started to research almost 2 1/2 years ago and it took me this long to make a commitment with myself, my person, my health, and my life. Please just consider one thing. who will it benefit? once you come up with the answer that it will benefit, your health then continue to find a doctor that is what took me the longest. To find a dr. that your comfortable with. I went to two dr. and then i found dr. oliak. and i knew he was the one. :) if you have more questions here is a website that may help. www.lapbandnow.com :( eile