Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey neighbors...

Just thought I would drop by since I have not been on these boards in quite some time. To see my backgound and before after pics click this link within this site:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15265

In February, it will be 3 years for me since my surgery and I have been blessed with my wt loss but have been on a major plateau forever now (months) and need support and was wondering if any of you know of any support group meetings I can start attending locally?

I live in Sweetwater, TN so anything Cleveland, Chattanooga or Knoxville would be fine for me to travel to.

Yes, I still need support after all this time postop but hey, I still got lots to lose and the band is doing it's job but I slack up on my eating habits.

Any meeting times and dates would be appreciated.

p.s. I had my surgery by Dr Walter Rose at Memorial

Good luck to all of us!

YOU LOOK AWESOME. I can't wait to look like that. You should be sooooo very proud of yourself. I live in Kentucky, not to far from you. Just wanted to tell you how great you look.

:biggrin1: You look awesome!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! I am a soon-to-be bandster if all goes well. I don't know any support groups, but I will encouraged you!!! I live in Memphis, TN and I will be banded by Dr. Woodman. You keep up the great work, you look marvelous!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks ladies. I love this board. You will learn so much here. Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journeys the the New you! God bless!

Just thought I would drop by since I have not been on these boards in quite some time. To see my backgound and before after pics click this link within this site:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15265

I live in Sweetwater, TN so anything Cleveland, Chattanooga or Knoxville would be fine for me to travel to.

You look marvelous, but then again Tennessee women are something to be seen anyway. I am not from there :cry but lived in Memphis for 16 yrs and loved it!! Got in to much trouble though, but sure had FUN. That is when I was thin but I was thin because I never stayed home!

Carol134 - I never have lived anywhere but Tennessee thanks for your compliments. We have ths same size band. Good luck on your journey.

God Bless!

Hey Brenda - Ive missed seeing you around!

You are looking awesme!!

Good luck with finding a support group.

Hi Brenda :)

What an inspiration you are. You look fantastic! I live in Chattanooga and had my surgery performed by Dr. Ponce. Have you tried the support group meetings at Memorial? I was originally seeing Dr. Rose and last time I was there (first of the year) they were having monthly meetings. I need to jog my memory...somewhere I saw a list of support group meetings listed by state. They say the first thing that goes is your memory:) If I remember where I saw it I'll let you know.

Thanks all for your kind comments. Cyndee, please do let me know where and when the meetings are that you know of. Guess I will call Dr Rose

office and see when the next support meeting is at Memorial. Thanks!

:)

Hey Brenda! Great to see you posting again! I attend the Monthly Lap Band Meetings at Memorial Hospital. They are on the second Monday of the month @ 5:30. They are in the building (Chattanooga Heart Institute - 2nd Floor) next door to the Weight Management Center. Hope to see you there! Next one should be on Monday, November 13th. ALSO, there are weekly support group meetings that are held on Wednesdays at 12:00 in the Weight Management Center Lobby @ Memorial. The weekly meetings are both Lap Band and Gastric Bypass folks. Hope this info helps!

Brenda,

There is a support group at the Memorial weight loss center. There is a weekly one at noon on Wednesday's and then another one that is held monthly on Monday nights. I was also banded by Dr. Rose. You can call Graham Brannan, the social worker at the office and he could probably give you more info. 423-495-7932. Good luck!

Kim and Alicia, thanks so much for the info. I will see how my work schedule is on the 13th and will try to come to it if I am able, but that time is gonna be hard for me.... Take care and good luck on your journeys....