Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready to be banded in Oklahoma

Hello Everybody,

I've been reading all of the message boards and get so much in depth information out of them thats extremely helpful.

I am in the process of waiting for the "final approval" from the insurance company and then I will be joining the "banded" group...:clap2: I am so excited, I can hardly wait. Timeframe for my surgery is looking to be around the middle of November. I'll keep you all informed, and thanks for all the helpful tips.

Deb

weight.png

:clap2: I have been reading for a while. I had my first visit with my prospective doc. I will be getting my pro-op labs-test next week I hope! Hope to be banded mid November in College Station Tx by Dr Mason ($11,400) I am so excited, I have trouble doing anything but thinking and reading about this. My bmi is now 31.5. If I can get rid of even 50 of these extra 70 lbs I will be so much better!!

Hi and welcome to LBT! I am glad you found us. If there is anything I can do to help, ask away.

Hello, Deb..... Our weight, age, and goaled is about the same. I'm going to my family physician next week to see what she thinks about the lap band and to get all of my medical records to start the approval process. Because of my insurance deductable I won't be banded until January if everything goes well.

good to hear from you.... I would like to keep up with your progress and feelings.....

I appreciate it. I'll definetely keep everybody posted. I'm just so excited to hurry up and get this done....Why do Insurance companies have to take so long to approve something. :)

Anyway, while waiting,,,I feel like I'm gaining weight. Its terrible. But I am very excited and looking forward to it.

This message board has definetely given me more information than I could have ever gotten anywhere else. Its great......

Good luck to everybody! Lets get skinny!

weight.png

Hi Deb, I'm from Oklahoma too. What doctor are you using? I live in Tulsa and have my seminar on 11/11 - I'm hoping to be banded in January. I'm going to Doctor Gorospe.

Sunshine2,,,

I'm using a doctor in Edmond. (Dr. Floyds office.) I'm very happy with everything they've done so far. Of course, I live about 120 miles from there,,,so I definetely do some traveling on appointment days. I work in OKC, but live in Duncan, OK. (Not sure if you've heard of that town or not)

Anyway,,,it was nice to hear from you and I'm anxious to hear about how you do. I'm really excited to get this going......

Oh yes I've heard of Duncan, matter of fact, DH & I went camping at a lake not too far from Duncan a few years ago, even went to the wal-mart in Duncan for some supplies. My late Grandfather's brother lived in Duncan too.

Anyhow, I know what you mean about being anxious. I am on the border line of being able to be approved for lap band. My insurance requires you to be 40 BMI and that is the only qualification. I am at 38.5, but if I wear some heavy clothes, and a little change in my pocket, I'm at a 40 BMI. :P.

I'm just so ready to get the ball rolling but have to go to my seminar first which is 11/11.

Thats really cool. I've pretty much lived there and in another small town 8 miles from there for a long time. We moved from Indiana to Comanche, OK when I was 5 years old,,,and I've been there ever since.

*I do have to admit that I may need to find another job,,,the drive after 6 months everyday is starting to get old....*

But anyway,

What exactly will they be doing at your seminar....? I don't recall having to go to one of those.

And I will say that one thing about my doctor that seems pretty cool, is they don't make you do the liqued diet before your surgery. Only the one afterwards. Thats the main thing I was worried about, so I thought that was neat.

Hope everything goes well with your Seminar........Take Care

Hey Okies,,,, I'm hoping to be banded in January too..... & of course I'm an okie too.... I went to my PCP today and she is going to type me a letter of medical necessity. I live in southeast corner of Oklahoma. My surgeons will be Dr. Hekier & Dr. Keilen. They (husband and wife) do the surgical procedure in Texarkana, TX. I really have up and downs about going this extreme to loose weight, but I know I have been trying years to go down the weight ladder and I continue to climb higher and higher.