Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am i on the right track? 3 days post op

I would like to know he same. I am on day 3 but I am getting my protein(50grams) 64oz of Fluid in which I add unflavored Protein to about 16oz I walk on the treadmill for an hr and up and down 3 flights of stairs. As for food I have have been eating cream of chicken, cream of mushrooms, cream of broccoli and so on. Also sc Popsicles and sf puddin (I added protei. To that also. I'm trying to eat 5 times a day but its hard I do get a good 3 In tho. I'm ones full liquids is this okay? I feel like it is but I don really know. I don't feel full anytime at any time. No pain just soreness around the belly button. I haven't been out of breath or anything. I am nervous that I can eat all of this and still not be full. Any suggestions and what to stop or what to start or not do?????

Also when I sip it doesn't have to be small

Wow, i'm postop day 3 also and I am no where near your intake or activity level. I guess it just depends on what your surgeon recommends. I am on Clear Liquids only until day 5 then i go to full liquids. I was told just to try to do some walking around the house for exercise. I've only managed to get in about 30 ounces of fluids a day.

Wow' date=' i'm postop day 3 also and I am no where near your intake or activity level. I guess it just depends on what your surgeon recommends. I am on Clear Liquids only until day 5 then i go to full liquids. I was told just to try to do some walking around the house for exercise. I've only managed to get in about 30 ounces of fluids a day.[/quote']

My doc said I can walk up to 2 miles. When I left the hospital on Friday he put me on full liquids and I looked up what full liquids were and went to the grocery store. Today was officially my first day fully home and I had about 80 oz of Fluid 75 grams of Protein (4 soups) all vitiams a pudding and a Popsicle. I hope this is not over eating but I felt like I could have ate WAY more

wow that's amazing! i hope i can do as much as you when i'm 3 days out. i would definitely try to take it easy and listen to your body when you feel tired or any pain.

as for feeling full, i've read/heard that the mushie stage helps you feel more full. just follow the diet your nut/surgeon gave you and you should be fine.

best of luck and speedy recovery!

My doc said I can walk up to 2 miles. When I left the hospital on Friday he put me on full liquids and I looked up what full liquids were and went to the grocery store. Today was officially my first day fully home and I had about 80 oz of Fluid 75 grams of Protein (4 soups) all vitiams a pudding and a Popsicle. I hope this is not over eating but I felt like I could have ate WAY more

Congrats on the surgery and doing so well!!! It doesn't sound like you are eating too much and it's important that you keep up your fluids. Just be careful because you are still swollen. You can't hurt yourself with liquids, but if you progress to mushies quickly and overeat, you could possibly make yourself sick because a swollen sleeve can't give good feedback. It can't tell you 'i'm getting kinda full!!' ;-).

Thanks everyone. I honestly feel fine. I'm heading to the gym now to do my lil walking. Woke up with no pain. I am wondering will it come after I take the onQ ball out? Applesauce with unflavored Protein for Breakfast. ( I thought applesauce was to much but the gave it to md on my last day in the hospital).............,I just to say thanks to you all,I felt extremely knowledgable going into surgery and from here it can only get better

It is so funny how different each person's/surgeon's post-op diet plan is. I am reading about what others are able to eat or drink after only a few days post-op and it is so different from what I have to go by. I was sleeved on 12/11 but didn't start on Protein shakes until 12/14. From there, I have minimum 2 (but up to 4, as long as I can do it) weeks of Protein Shakes, and clear liquids including crystal light, Jello, popsicles, broth and Decaf tea. And then from there, I can go to a week of full liquids, two weeks of pureed, etc. It's not that there is any right or wrong way. It is just very interesting.

Caroline

My plan is similar to Caroline G. I can't tolerate the Soup, but broth is fine. I am doing well with Water with MIO in it and Popsicles are my new addiction. I can't eat. I tried a Protein Shake and creamed soup with unflavored Protein in it and almost started vomiting. Also, it could be my gas pains. I am having the worse gas pains in the world. I'm up and about, and letting air out (if you know what I mean), but this gas is the worse. It feels like I have something heavy sitting on my chest.