Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

25 days post-op & I can eat anything - help!

I was banded 25 days ago. I gradually moved into eating solids and now I find I can eat anything - pizza, Pasta, muffins, chicken, egg rolls, sandwiches.... I'm feeling like my old gluttonous self again. And my portion sizes are platefuls. It all goes right through that band. And I'm not washing it down with beverages either. I'm scheduled for a fill in 2 weeks. I know I need restriction. Now, once again, I'm experiencing the last-meal syndrome. I'm a little discouraged and surprised by this. I've heard something about this being a time when people lose the most weight. Not me. I might even be gaining weight. I need a kick in the but. My husband feels like we just blew $10,000. I sure hope the fill changes things because this isn't working for me now. I am my old hungry self. I had such high hopes and now I'm feeling rather discouraged. Thanks for listening.

Susan

You won't have restriction until you start getting fills and it may take a few before you get good restriction. Until then... good old fashioned will power! It has about killed me but I have maintained my loss and not gained anything since I discovered I had a leak almost 6 weeks or so ago. My band is currently empty until I get it fixed next week. I understand how you are feeling right now. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!

PM me if you wanna talk!

Peace.

hang in there...this is normal. tell yourself and dh to wait until six months out, or even a year out, before you decide if this is worth it. i am a slow loser...very slow...

i have just hit the 25 lb mark. i was banded this past march.

Why would you even try those foods? Everything you mentioned is really not good with the band. Restriction comes with fills, but you need to start eating like a bandster now. It doesn't sound like you have made any of the behavior changes necessary. This can lead to real problems down the road.

Another thing to remember is that the doctor didn't want your stomach so full after surgery. Moving from liquids, to mushies, to solids was not a engraved invitation to eat everything.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you need to get with the program. There will be plenty of challenges without starting so early to sabbotage your program.

my surgeon does not allow any solids until a full 6 weeks after surgery. I am confused? Did you have different diet advancement instructions?

I wish you the best!

I was banded 25 days ago. I gradually moved into eating solids and now I find I can eat anything - pizza, Pasta, muffins, chicken, egg rolls, sandwiches

Of course you can eat these things. Your band is empty. The band works best when it is filled andsince you have no fill is why you can eat these things

I've heard something about this being a time when people lose the most weight.

Wrong, this is the time pre fill to focus on healing any weight loss during the pre fill stage is a bonus and any doctor will tell you this.

Read this thread I worte months ago, It will help you to understand a little bit more

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9148&highlight=for+struggling+new+bandsters

Hang in there :girl_hug:

I was banded 1 month ago and am experiencing the same kind of thing. I find I can eat things that I did not think I would ever eat again. I have to tell myself to stop eating b/c there is no restriction at all, thank goodness I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow.

This road is not easy and was a rude awakening when I realized the band is not going to lose the weight that I actually have to put forth effort. When I get cravings for crap food I put my tennis shoes on and walk and walk and think about my goal rather than that piece of cake.

I understand where you are at and your concern but hang in there. All of us here have been where you are at one time or another.

Sweetsue I am so sorry you are able to eat everything but because you can you don't have to. You can eat everything until you get some restriction and like Barbra said it may take a few fills. So to help it along take a page out of MimiIN books and go for a walk and think about your goals. For now put yourself on that diet, a low carb diet, a shake for Breakfast, cheesestick, nuts for Snacks, a nice big salad with meat for lunch and so on. Stay away from the sugar and flour...carbs. Don't forget to have some sugar free fudgesicles, popsicles, pudding at home for those days you just can't eat enough. Are you getting all 64oz of Water in?

You have a band, so live like it. Do you really want a kick in the pants?

HI,

I was banded 19 days ago and although I think I could eat anythng I try very hard to stick to the rules. The only thing is that I am very tired and fell kind of weak. Is this normal?

Very normal if you aren't getting enough Protein. If you're not doing it now, you might try getting whey Protein powder and adding a couple of shakes to your day.

Any whey and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury are both really good.

I too was banded very recently(Oct. 13) and I am also feeling that I could probably eat just about anything. But I am trying very hard to resist. I do better some days than others. What I don't understand is what I feel to be the lack of compassion from some of the posters here. We all know that just because you CAN eat anything, you SHOULDN'T! We all know that it takes some willpower! But that doesn't mean that it's not difficult! I mean that is WHY we chose the band. If all you need is willpower, why did you go through the pain and expense of getting the band?

Anyway, all I am saying is that this is supposed to be a place where those having problems or just those who are feeling discouraged to come and vent. It would be nice to see more people saying things like "hang in there!" or "I know how you are feeling & it'll get better." rather than shaming someone because they don't have enough willpower.

willow5880, I totally agree. I had posted something a few weeks ago and received harsh comments about my behavior and my doctor. As a result, I quit posting for a bit. I'm not wearing my feelings on my shoulders in no way but it would be nice not to be "blessed out" here too. We get enough of that from the world in general. When that happens, it's like the support we felt before disappears. All who make those harsh comments and those who are longtime veterans of the band please remember us newbies and that a harsh and negative comment can outweigh a thousand positive ones.

llewis

Hi, there.

I am trying to follow my Dr's. instructions to a T! I don't want to take any chances on destroying my band. I think the biggest problem, it seems, is some Dr's. do not explain the very important do's and don't and why's about the band. I rely very much on this site and another I belong to, for advise, info., etc.

Give your body a chance - just think, down the road you will be able to eat the things you did before, but you will only feel like having small amounts.

You can do it!

Kat.