Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Out And Having Problems

just had surgery on the 19th and first day out couldnt swallow anything. Had a CT today and all was well. They sent me home but I have pain and nausea everytime i try n sip a drink. the acid reflu is awful. i am also so sore its hard to move. did anyone else have trouble early on....truthfully im a little scared,

Yes I did, Infact you were probably going in the hospital as I was going out and we were probably on the same floor ! I had Dr Fass as a doc . Saw Dr Faulkenberry when i was in the hospital. You need to call them if you have not . I was A band to sleeve converstion had problems with excessive swelling post op due to the band. I was in the hospital for 5 days unable to keep liquids down . Email me if you want mtolbert9201@gmail.com , But call the office and let them know you are having issues, if they are concerened they will re abmit ya ,

Mindy

I was a band to sleeve conversion, but my conversion happened 30 days from each other. I wanted it all in one shot, but my Dr warned against it. For the first two days i was in pain, vomiting felt like poop. I couldn't tolerate a spoon of Water. Needless to say i ended up in ICU on the second day severely dehydrated. Keep trying the fluids, broths etc what ever your Dr instructs. Some Drs allow Protein Drinks, mine doesn't. The 24th marks one month out for me. It does get better but for me it was and still is a difficult journey. Keep in touch

I'm just at the beginning.....just started the "insurance required doctor supervised diet" part. I'm sort of shooting for around March or April. I go for my first consult with Dr. Faulkenberry on Dec 4th. I live and work in Austin. That being said - I think Mindy is giving excellent advice. I'm older than y'all by quite a bit, and am a big believer in communication with your Doctor. You two are partners in this journey and he can't be the best partner possible if you aren't keeping him in the loop.

Sending major positive ju-ju your way, girl. Keep us up to date.

Kaj

thanks yall...itstakin me most the day to get a few ounces of Water down. its not excruciating pain but is painful...i wondered if having the band removed would cause problems but i hated the band. im able to keep the fluids down but isnt easy. i have diahrrhea real bad and i cant remember what they said do for that, i will do some chicken broth tonight, woohoo, happy thanksgiving:) i feel weak but walked up and down the driveway a little and threw the ball a few times for the dog. bless his heart he doesnt understand why hes been kenneled since i got home but he could hurt me hes so big. my stomach gurgles constantly...im having reflux....just miserable...i go back to work on dec 3rd...i just pray things will be moving along by then. glad to have you girls here...hope you can make the dec support meeting...would be awesome to make this journey with friends.

It should get better with time. I had my surgery 10/24 and return new years eve. Talk to you're Dr, he extended my time off in a heart beat. i have all you're symptoms. Don't hurt to ask. I'm here if your wanna talk ~ Anna

thanks yall...itstakin me most the day to get a few ounces of Water down. its not excruciating pain but is painful...i wondered if having the band removed would cause problems but i hated the band. im able to keep the fluids down but isnt easy. i have diahrrhea real bad and i cant remember what they said do for that, i will do some chicken broth tonight, woohoo, happy thanksgiving:) i feel weak but walked up and down the driveway a little and threw the ball a few times for the dog. bless his heart he doesnt understand why hes been kenneled since i got home but he could hurt me hes so big. my stomach gurgles constantly...im having reflux....just miserable...i go back to work on dec 3rd...i just pray things will be moving along by then. glad to have you girls here...hope you can make the dec support meeting...would be awesome to make this journey with friends.

I feel the same way , although its getting a little better. My doc told me as long as I am keeping liquids down he is fine ... But i have to kind of do a 2 steps foreward one step back thing. I hope you start to feel better soon, The one thing i have not had since my band and hernia were removed is refulx !