Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey PRE Banders 2

Thanks so much Mindy, I just thought I would have been made to feel more important over the phone. I dont have an appt yet this doctor yet. He's at UT Southwesten he is the only doctor that I know of that takes Atena in the area. So i feel kind of stuck with the doctor its not a big list of doctors to chose from at all.

That's an issue for sure if you have to choose from a list . I guess that's one small advantage to being self pay . NOt too many advantages I see to self pay but that would be one of them. I would then ask their policies on Emergencies and problems , how are you to get ahold of them ? Even speak to the doctor . Tell him you didnt feel you were treated very kind on the phone. ALOT OF times docs do not know how their staff treats patients and when they do find out they dont like it .

Good luck .

Mindy

ok i will let him know that whenever we met the first time i called i was told that i would get a call within a week. but when i called yesterday they said a week in a half. so im just waiting trying not to be impaitent the Lapband center that Im suppose to be go too is one of the best in dallas area. all the doctors are on the tops list for lapband and gastric bypass. i check their records and they look great, maybe they are just booked with lot of patients

Hey. I'm in TX too. I gratuated from Duncanville High School. I am also pre-band. As soon as I get my deposit to Barb I'm also headed for Acuna. I'm hoping for November. I do not post much but I read everything. It's weird on days I feel maybe I should start communicating, then someone post my feelings. So I'm silent in the comfort of knowing I'm not the only one.

My thoughts are with those with the Insurance Blues, mine won't pay so I'm going to Mexico. Many prayers to you.

I shall not spend another summer not swimming, not enjoying the TX sun and being jealous of those who do. I will change clothes in front of my DH with pride! Damn IT!!! Whew! I'm glad I got that out.

Sherrie

Red Oak,Texas

Hello everyone, Massachusetts here....I just wanted to post my feelings, this site does help me get through the days waiting...You are all great and very helpful and inspiring...I have started the process not so long ago...I am self pay and wouldn't even think twice about not paying for it....To be thinner and healthier and enjoy my life is priceless no matter how much I have to work to pay for it...I have gotten my letter from my PCP and attended my first info session...My consultation is next Tuesday (10/24),wish me luck, then on Wednesday (10/25) is my mental health evaluation, then the following week is my nutritional evaluation, so I definately got the ball rolling but waiting is awful but I come on this site everyday and find at least one inspiring story, picture, nsv, or something that helps me to see that that will be me soon enough....I do once and awhile think what if something happens that I get denied...That is just the worry wart that I am...But in the end I jst cannot wait to be 100 pounds thinner someday and finally get to enjoy my life to the fullest.....

Hi all, it is so good to hear from those who are waiting. I am waiting too. I have consulted with the surgeon and have been scheduled for surgery on Dec. 4, seen my gastroenterologist, had the psych and nutrition eval, requested my pcp's records be sent and am now playing the waiting game............ The ladies in the surgeon's office told me my insurance company has been one of the most difficult for them to deal with. Their last patient waited 9 months before getting approval and I don't think that included any appeals or anything like that. Logging on to LBT has been a wonderful experience, learning about how real people are handling real problems. (The thread on problems and band removal scared me a little though). I am so looking forward to feeling better. Good luck to all of you.

Darrell-hope your surgery was uneventful :) let us know how you are doing.

Terri

Sherrie,

I have been reading these posts for several weeks now. I feel like I know some of the people that post often. It is kind of funny that I have read so many posts, but have only posted a few myself.

I will post after I get back and let you know how it goes. Only 8 more days.......... Woo Hoo!!!

I have lost 7-8 pounds already on the pre-op diet. I would never have thought that. lol

Jules -

I'm going Nov. 13th -can't wait. So are you using Protein drinks in your pre-op? If so what kind?

You know I don't even know how much I weight. I'm afraid to check. Last time I weighed I was 238, I'm still wear the same clothes so I guess I'm a least within 10lbs.

Keep in touch. E-Mails are fine.

Sherrie

Good luck to you all!

I won't be speaking with my surgeon until 11/16; it came up so fast!

I pick up my labs today.

YIPEEE

Hi all,

I'm waiting for my surgery too!

Question: I've been reading about VBG Vertical Band Gas or sometimes it's written as the VGB. Basically, they stable your stomach so it's the same restrictive surgery as the lapband BUT from what I read - it's more effective.

Any thoughts about this option?

Thanks in advance

tianealperry - I have Horizon BCBS of New Jersey. I am kinda counting on just maybe hopefully perhaps having a different "plan" than the patient that took 9 months to approve. :nervous I understand the contact person kept telling the surgeon's office she wasn't receiving any of their faxed communications even though they had confirmation so they ended up sending the info registered mail. They told me they were going to start out by assuming faxing would not work. I am keeping my fingers crossed.:paranoid

Terri