Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post-Op And Can Drink As Much As I Want. I Don't Think This Is Normal.

I had posted a couple of days ago that I had a very easy time since being sleeved on 10/31--no nausea, very, very minimal pain, zero hunger, etc etc. (I read some of the other posters and honestly feel guilty.)

Should I be worried that I feel absolutely no restriction when I drink? It's easy for me to get the 64 ounces down each day. (And I'm following the rules--no gulping, no straws.) I really think that if I wanted to, I could down an entire Big Gulp in just a few minutes!! When I drink, I feel absolutely no pain, or tightness, or anything other than exactly how I did before I had surgery.

This truly worries me. I even told the PA when she discharged me from the hospital that I thought that I was feeling too good and that I didn't think that I should be able to drink the day after surgery with no problems at all.

She just said that wasn't a problem and that I'd start to feel fullness when I start solid foods at 6 weeks. It's fine for the PA to say that, but I need to hear it from those of you out there that have been through this. Am I just being paranoid that I paid a ton of money for something that isn't going to work?

HELP!!!!

You probably just didn't have as much swelling. I have not heard of anyone who didn't have restriction once they started on solids.

Congrats on your sleeve!

I had posted a couple of days ago that I had a very easy time since being sleeved on 10/31--no nausea' date=' very, very minimal pain, zero hunger, etc etc. (I read some of the other posters and honestly feel guilty.)

Should I be worried that I feel absolutely no restriction when I drink? It's easy for me to get the 64 ounces down each day. (And I'm following the rules--no gulping, no straws.) I really think that if I wanted to, I could down an entire Big Gulp in just a few minutes!! When I drink, I feel absolutely no pain, or tightness, or anything other than exactly how I did before I had surgery.

This truly worries me. I even told the PA when she discharged me from the hospital that I thought that I was feeling too good and that I didn't think that I should be able to drink the day after surgery with no problems at all.

She just said that wasn't a problem and that I'd start to feel fullness when I start solid foods at 6 weeks. It's fine for the PA to say that, but I need to hear it from those of you out there that have been through this. Am I just being paranoid that I paid a ton of money for something that isn't going to work?

HELP!!!![/quote']

That is me!!!!

My Dr. said the liquid goes right threw me so it is fine!

I am starting to feel full after about 3 oz of Protein then 15 min later I can do another 3 oz.

It is fine on liquid to get in as much as you can!

Congrats on your new tummy!!!

I was sleeved on 11/1 and right from the start liquids have been easy. Day 2 they started me on mushy food and that's been a lot more challenging. It takes me an hour to go through 3 oz of tuna or 4 oz of cottage cheese. I'd rather that be slower than the liquids since staying hydrated is job 1.

I was sleeved on 11/1 and right from the start liquids have been easy. Day 2 they started me on mushy food and that's been a lot more challenging. It takes me an hour to go through 3 oz of tuna or 4 oz of cottage cheese. I'd rather that be slower than the liquids since staying hydrated is job 1.

wow!! glad to see you are doing well. im on liquids for 2 straight weeks before i can try mushies.....

You're normal, or at least your sleeve is ;-)

I went from downing Protein shakes to barely eating 2 oz of solid food. The more substantial it is the sooner you'll be full. Pro Tip: weigh out your food starting with mushies. It's easy to go from eating to yakking in just a few bites.

wow!! glad to see you are doing well. im on liquids for 2 straight weeks before i can try mushies.....

It all seems to depend on the doctor. Mine only wanted full liquids for 1 day post-op. Too bad he didn't feel the same way with the per-op diet.

I felt like this too! Even on purees, it wasn't until solids that I felt the restriction. I was feeling so good I just knew they had only taken half of my stomach! I even got really upset-Don't worry just be glad your doing so well!

I, for one, I'm jealous! I was sleeved on 10/13 and have had a wonderful recovery, but I do feel restriction with liquids and simply cannot get in my 64 oz each day. It still takes me about 15 mins to drink an 8 oz shake with Water. I'm gonna start working out today and I'm really concerned since I often have the desire to chug an entire bottle if water, but can't physically do so. It certainly has gotten better, but still not as easy as I wish it would be. Sip, sip, sipping along;) But, who cares...I'm on the cusp of minus 20 lbs, so I'll sip if I have to...haha.