Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rough Start Post Op 5 Weeks

I have been making some really bad food and drink choices. I can honestly say I had no idea this would be so hard. I am 5 weeks out and have had no issues with any food and I started eating regular food a week out. Even though I can only eat 20 percent of what I used to eat, the scales not budging because im not making healthy food choices. My question is this, Has anyone messed up the first month but later was able to get it together?

With the first month being so crucial for healing and weightloss I have a feeling if I didnt follow the rules during this time I wont get it together... I hope there are others who have struggled the first month but had success and met there goal down the road. really hating myself right now :(

sorry but here is alittle tough love .......... This surgery was not meant as a quick fix and if you haven;t addressed your eating issues then its not gonna work. this is a tool we have been given and its up to each and everyone of us to make the decision that we want to change. Will we be perfect ? NO, Will we make mistakes? SURE ... will we suceed? HELL YA!!! I would suggest seeng a Nutrionalist and also maybe joining a local support group, both of these things would probably help you . DO NOT GIVE UP

Start today right now, you know what your doing wrong..... start logging all your food consuption on fitness pal or any other site and log it right after you eat.... rememeber protien first, no more than 1/2 cup at a time, make sure you get in at least 60g of protien each day and once you get to 600 calories thats it for that day. ....

I know you can do this , you made the biggest step by having this surgery!!!

Good luck to you :)

I think you need to get back to basics and realize why you got the surgery in the first place. You are very lucky that you did not get sick or worse a leak for your lack of committment to your surgery. Stop right now, go back to the program: Protein only, 64 ounces Water or more, and 60-80 grams protein. I wish you the best Tamara, you deserve to lose the weight for good!

Thank you for posting, I have done well but when i was released to eat regular food I have been experimenting to see what all I can and can't handle and am disappointed that I tolerate everything so well. bread and Pasta are no problem in small portions. Also the Halloween candy has been an issue. I do use my fitness pal and being accountable on that seems to help. I want this weight off and I am not wasting my second chance at life! I am reining it back in and refocusing on what I am doing. You can do this! Look at it this way, we got something new, some people took really good care of their new stomachs and we took them out to the race track to see what they could do. Now it's time to go home and baby them! Or we will wreck them.

Thank you so much for the encouragment Lisa and Amazon, I will definitely be going back to the basics. I really appreciate the suggestions and whole heartedly plan to put them to use. Thanks Ladies <3

Very true sramos!! Cheers to reining it in! Best wishes to you :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches