Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's The Most You've Been Able To Eat At One Time?

This is NOT meant as a challenge! :P

I just want to get a general sense from people, especially those a year or more post-op, how much they can comfortably eat.

I ask because I am less than a week post-op and I'm still in the phase of having trouble getting more than 1 oz of Fluid in every 15 min. I can't even imagine eating a small meal at this point. :unsure:

Obviously this is a good thing, since at my worst I could easily put down a whole pizza, a dozen wings, a liter of coke, and still have room for huge slice of cake... all in the span of "grazing" over an hour or two. :ph34r:

Thanks in advance for the replies!

I am 8 weeks out and I eat 4oz and that is it, I started at 1 oz too, by 1 month I was doing 4 oz and I don't intend to increase it until???

I am almost 15 months out and eat for example: 1 normal/small slice of pizza and 1 wing. Or a six inch sub from subway without the top bread, a couple chips. Or 1 hot dog. Or 3/4 of a small burger with our the top bun, and about 4 fries. ( all seem like bad choices, but I have these options a few times per week only :)

I am 7 months out I can usually do about 2 to 2.5oz of meat (usually chicken or turkey) I try to get about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of a veggie and maybe 1/8 cup of Pasta or rice. I still have days though where i put that much food on my plate and can eat less than half. I can do about 3/4 slice of pizza, about 3 grilled chicken nuggets or 1/4 to 1/2 of a burger with no bun.

Obviously this is a good thing, since at my worst I could easily put down a whole pizza, a dozen wings, a liter of coke, and still have room for huge slice of cake... all in the span of "grazing" over an hour or two. :ph34r:

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Lmao that was so me too! I'm amazed at how little I eat and how I get full quickly and satisfied, I eat slowly and can get about 1/2 a can of tuna puréed, 1/3 a Protein shake, 1/3 a tub of cottage cheese or about 3/4 the way through my single scrambled egg- Protein protein protein right now lol

Back in reality now at week 3' walked around a food court and all I could think was how much crap we have out there and the sheer volume of food that you get!

Loving actually eating now - oh I forgot my porridge, probably about 1/2 an instant porridge, although I am nw eating all day in between sipping Water lol

This afternoon for lunch I had one cup of sausage and lentil Soup. I was stuffed.

Yesterday for dinner I had an egg salad sandwich (1 medium egg + 1 egg white, mayo, mustard, spices) on homemade toasted bread (sliced fairly thin). I ate the whole thing except the bottom crust. I just didn't have it in me. I was pretty full afterward.

For dinner tonight I had one homemade meatball with a little marinara. It was about 2 ounces but dense Protein still gives me trouble now and again. I was comfortable and satisfied, but I'll need to eat again before bed because it wasn't much food.

A typical Breakfast is one egg scrambled with one turkey sausage link. If I'm exceptionally hungry I'll also eat half a piece of homemade bread, toasted. With jam, if I'm feeling really fancy.

I am two years out and I am currently pregnant. This is my increased pregnancy capacity. Prior to being pregnant, the only way I'd eat a whole sandwich was if it was grilled cheese on super thin sliced bread. Most days my max capacity is about 6-8 ounces total of whatever I'm eating, with the exception of non-toasted bread, rice and Pasta. Typically those foods fill me up after just a few bites.

Except the other day, when I felt like I was starving and ate six whole varenyky. They were awesome and I was happy, but again, prior to pregnancy I'd have been thrilled to eat two, and maybe a few bites of Soup or salad with it.

So in my case, capacity is very significantly lower than pre-op, even now that I can eat about double my pre-pregnancy (but post-op) portions.

~Cheri

Oh, and it took me MONTHS of viewing eating as an onerous chore to get to the point where I could really eat.

For more than a year my max capacity was one egg scrambled with cheese.

So it's normal to feel a bit frustrated with eating in the beginning, and it's definitely a challenge. For me it seemed to be a challenge longer than for some other people. And while my doctor is one that's frequently used on these boards, I still felt at times that my capacity was smaller than other people.

And even at two years out, the thought of a whole pizza baffles me. I used to do that! With wings, too, and soda! Now, once slice of very thin crust and maybe a few bites of a veggie salad and I'm done.

~Cheri

Clk. I can not even begin to tell u how much I appreciate your posts! I am getting sleeved in December and then want another child! I plan to follow your progress and success! It feels good to know others are in the same boat as me! ???? So thanks again!!!