Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 17Th'ers.. Where Are Ya?

Where do u find the oh yeah ready to drink

I bought them at Vitamin Shoppe.

The Protein with no flavor is a great idea!! I've really struggled with Protein, can only stomach up to half a shake - whether it's an Optifast, tony ferguson, up&go - all the same...

Finding puréed a lot better, can eat half a tin of tuna or chicken, chicken Soup going down a treat :-)

Not happy with weight loss but I guess week 3 I need to just heal first, nearly there just this awful stabbing pain from the internal stitch if I turn the wrong way...

I bought them at Vitamin Shoppe.

Thank you

Okay I'm a 17 th sleever last week I was on liquids and I was not getting full at all but this week is a different story with purée/soft foods. I was eating 1/4 of a crab cake and I thought that was to small so I tried to eat another 1/4 and it all came up. Throwing up does not feel good so I need to make sure I stay with the amount b/c I hated throwing up yesterday. I hope everyone else is dong good.

Mslnzee, I learned that lesson the hard way today too. I had two or three bites of tilapia and 1 cluster of crab legs. Needless to say I ate it way too quickly and it came back up. Throwing up is strange for me now. It isn't like it used to be. But more of just a hard burp. It didn't hurt but wasn't enjoyable. I felt so much better after. I'm going to have to start using my food scale because it is really hard for me to judge 2 oz.

Gee I can't even get 2 oz a DAY let alone at one time. I put everything I had today into mynetdiary and I only had 67 calories, 1 Protein, and that includes my fluids (still on Gatorade)! :( praying nothing is seriously wrong. I see GI on Thursday.

I hope you are okay jhumphries, that isn't near enough calories and I am wondering if you need to get in sooner so you don't dehydrate (if you aren't getting even clear Fluid down).

On a side note, i did a no no today. My diet has been super conservative with still being on thicker liquids and another almost two weeks to hit purees, so i've been feeling a tad bit jealous of those of you having a little more "real" sustenance. Plus my weight loss seems to be stalling. Boo. Even though i know it can't last forever. I did eat a couple bites of a very finely chopped chicken salad and it went down fine, but the no no was i decided to have an itty bitty pinkberry. I didn't have toppings except for a little nutella. A couple things i noticed was that wow, i was full very fast...was hard to finish and i shouldn't have. I ended up soooo sick. I didn't throw up because i was driving, but felt like it and was sweaty and sick and felt like i would have a bridesmaids episode if i could. I'm not sure if it was overstuffing as the frozen yogurt is thicker than what i've been having, or if it was the richness of that little spoon of nutella. Either way, while it was delish for all of 10 minutes eating it while melting in the hot california sun, but it was horrid for a good half an hour afterwards at least. Came home and went straight to bed, feeling better now. Could that be "dumping" even though i'm sleeved and not bypassed, or was this a typical, i overdid it. It was super small (comparitively) but still a good 1/4 cup or slightly more. Guess the good thing is, the type of sick i felt is something i don't want to revisit. Also, the full part, it wasn't so much that i felt full like old days where you have to unbuckle, but full like i did not want another bite...more satisfied full. Unfortunately the brain running my mouth had a hard time giving it up without eating the rest. Big mistake!!

Hope you all are doing okay. It's a rollercoaster that's for sure!

Mslnzee' date=' I learned that lesson the hard way today too. I had two or three bites of tilapia and 1 cluster of crab legs. Needless to say I ate it way too quickly and it came back up. Throwing up is strange for me now. It isn't like it used to be. But more of just a hard burp. It didn't hurt but wasn't enjoyable. I felt so much better after. I'm going to have to start using my food scale because it is really hard for me to judge 2 oz.[/quote']

You are so right it didn't hurt and you feel so much better once it comes out. I was like never again will I over eat that doesn't feel good at all. I noticed its going to take us all some time to get use to our new stomachs.

Gee I can't even get 2 oz a DAY let alone at one time. I put everything I had today into mynetdiary and I only had 67 calories' date=' 1 Protein, and that includes my fluids (still on Gatorade)! :( praying nothing is seriously wrong. I see GI on Thursday.[/quote']

When were you sleeved? I hope nothing is seriously wrong. Are you walking? I find that moving around helps me when I have an uncomfortable swallow. Keep us posted....peace and blessings!

I was sleeved 10/17. I have already had to visit the ER for fluids fortunately the Gatorade is keeping hydrated just enough. I am constantly sipping except when I eat if course. I tried going back to fluids but the nausea is better when I eat even the little tiny bit I can. I thought maybe I was just afraid if the consequences if I eat more, but nope I tried and get the uncomfortable feeling and wanted to throw up. I have been casually walking but nothing fierce because my dr told me to wait 4 wks. I'm not nearly as miserable as I was. Last week the nausea was out of control. But I'm def not getting in anything close to what I should be. Thanks for the prayers!

I was sleeved 10/17. I have already had to visit the ER for fluids fortunately the Gatorade is keeping hydrated just enough. I am constantly sipping except when I eat if course. I tried going back to fluids but the nausea is better when I eat even the little tiny bit I can. I thought maybe I was just afraid if the consequences if I eat more' date=' but nope I tried and get the uncomfortable feeling and wanted to throw up. I have been casually walking but nothing fierce because my dr told me to wait 4 wks. I'm not nearly as miserable as I was. Last week the nausea was out of control. But I'm def not getting in anything close to what I should be. Thanks for the prayers![/quote']

Sleeved 10/16 not 17th...

Nausea was really bad for me that first week out, 2nd week i got nausea a few times, that lasted all day. Basically i think the taste and smell of so many things were just making me sick. Has the doctor given you anything for nausea? Mine gave me suppositories - yes, not great to use, but knocked that nausea right out. I would think if nausea goes away with eating, you might have really bad heartburn and not realize it. Are you taking anything for that either? If not, you may want to ask your doc for these things and see how it goes...those are some of the things that helped me lots!

What brand of unflavored Protein do you use? Is it really unflavored? I tried again this morning drinking my Protein shake and cant do it, i gag everytime. I have spent so much $ on so many different brands and i cant drink any of them.

Also, do you think not getting enough Protein will slow my weight loss? I am only losing about 2 lbs a week since my surgery. It seems like everyone else is losing substantial amounts.

What brand of unflavored Protein do you use? Is it really unflavored? I tried again this morning drinking my Protein shake and cant do it, i gag everytime. I have spent so much $ on so many different brands and i cant drink any of them.

Also, do you think not getting enough protein will slow my weight loss? I am only losing about 2 lbs a week since my surgery. It seems like everyone else is losing substantial amounts.

I think we can't compare ourselves weight loss wise. I seem to be experiencing a stall already and feel obsessive about losing what everyone else lost, but i think we will go fast and slow at different times. I'm thinking of going to curves or something to get some exercise as i think that will help.

Have you tried the Intek Evolution protien powder in the blue ice flavor? I was gagging on protien drinks but this one is more watery and has a more gatorade flavor...so doesn't seem near so much like the other protien drinks. Also has 30g of protien and no carbs, so a really good one to boot!

My nutritionist says protien is essential for weight loss, and of course you want to retain your lean muscle mass (like your heart) and i am hoping it will help avoid hair loss! So i say try just one more - that Intek, or the Isopure's that i think are similiar in that they are more watery and gatorade like.