Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intestinal Parasites

I've read some threads on here regarding colon cleansing and figured this might be the right place to ask.

I think that a lot of people (including me) have intestinal worms and don't know it. I'm too embarassed to ask a doctor and think I might want to try a do-it-yourself home remedy treatment.

Do any of you know much about this topic and how to treat oneself at home? :embarassed:

Thanks!

it is called Colonix by Drnatura .com - supposedly it gets rid of intestinal parasites, etc. I am on my first week of a 2 month colon cleansing. Check out the website it is pretty informative. I will keep you posted on how it is going & if it is worth it.

J~

omg what makes you think you have intestinal worms? I thought a person would be underweight if they had soemthing like that?? I've never heard of this before. ewwww. Whenever I heard of ppl doing colon cleansing I thought it was to get rid of impurities.. I've never heard of worms...

I have done a colon cleanse twice now. I am someone who suffers from Constipation terribly so I knew I was backed up. I did alot of research and found something I thought would work. It is absolutely awesome stuff, its true you get rid of things you havent eaten in months....not that I was examining it, but they did say to keep an eye on it:)

Its called OXY powder...check it out and see if its what your looking for.

I just started the Colonix program. I asked them if having Lapband was ok, and they told me yes. I hope this is correct. My husband says, the powder you mix with liquid should go right thru. I haven't had a fill yet, so the capsules go down without a problem. I will finish my first kit right before I get my first fill. If anyone is doing this, I would love to hear from you to see if there are any side effects conected to the Lapband.

Hunny, health food stores will have parasite programs. They usually involve herbs like wormwood and cloves.

If I remember correctly, you have to take quite a few capsules of them for about a month.

If you have worms you can also google this. There will be plenty of information, including solutions, about this problem on line. But, as for the best way to clean out your intestines, I suspect that it is the stuff they require you to take at home before a colonoscopy. That stuff will certainly empty you out! And you don't need a prescription. Just go to your pharmacist and ask him/her. It might not get rid of worms, though. They might have a way of embedding themselves in the bowel lining. Do google for more info. And good luck with this problem.