Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Newbie From Canada.

Hey guys, I am new here, well new writing here since I have read pretty much all over this site...

I am from Quebec, Canada where there is a lot of obese people but almost no surgeons for weight loss... There is actually a 7 year wait for those that want to go in surgery covered by the medicare or there is self pay options that are pretty expensive 21 000$ to be exact.

I am 20 years old and I have always been the fat girl in my group of friends and I have this huge lack of confidence because of my weight. I have always been the shy girl and the girl that makes fun of herself so that people don't feel the need to make fun of me. I was actually bullied when I was in Primary school for being fat..

I am done being sad and mad at myself for being fat and I am also done trying all these different diets and diet pill and nutritionist and personal trainer. I am done being tired after going up a fly of stairs. I

This past year has been the hardest since I have always been overweight but never this heavy. 277 Lbs... I am very scared in considering surgery mostly because I would be going to Mexico to get it done and also because I would be going all by myself. I can assume that I am a chicken...

I am between two surgeons right now... Dr Lopez and Dr Garcia.. I have heard great things about both these doctors..

I feel like this surgery could help me so much with gaining self confidence and also because I want to be able to do normal stuff like for example this summer I went to six flag in Montreal and I couldn't fit in one of the rides... I was sooooooooo upset and so sad.. plus all of my friends are thin so they mostly can do whatever they want... I would just want to know your experience and also if it hurts for a while... The more I know about the surgery the more I want to set a date.,. I would also like ot know if anybody is planning on going in February 2013 since That would be when I would be going... If anybody could tell me their experience and how it changed your life (for good or bad) I woudl reaqlly appreciate it. :)

just a quick post to say that I am in Ontario, went to Mexico in Septmeber 10th and got the sleeve with DR. Garcia. He is absolutely an amazingly skilled surgeon and you would not regret going with him. If you are really ready for this surgery, I then say don't wait, book your surgery. It will be the best decision for you too! I went by myself and they will look after you. Don't you worry you will be fine!! Best of luck with your decision, I am sure you will make the right one for you.

Hey guys' date=' I am new here, well new writing here since I have read pretty much all over this site...

I am from Quebec, Canada where there is a lot of obese people but almost no surgeons for weight loss... There is actually a 7 year wait for those that want to go in surgery covered by the medicare or there is self pay options that are pretty expensive 21 000 to be exact.

I am 20 years old and I have always been the fat girl in my group of friends and I have this huge lack of confidence because of my weight. I have always been the shy girl and the girl that makes fun of herself so that people don't feel the need to make fun of me. I was actually bullied when I was in Primary school for being fat..

I am done being sad and mad at myself for being fat and I am also done trying all these different diets and diet pill and nutritionist and personal trainer. I am done being tired after going up a fly of stairs. I

This past year has been the hardest since I have always been overweight but never this heavy. 277 Lbs... I am very scared in considering surgery mostly because I would be going to Mexico to get it done and also because I would be going all by myself. I can assume that I am a chicken...

I am between two surgeons right now... Dr Lopez and Dr Garcia.. I have heard great things about both these doctors..

I feel like this surgery could help me so much with gaining self confidence and also because I want to be able to do normal stuff like for example this summer I went to six flag in Montreal and I couldn't fit in one of the rides... I was sooooooooo upset and so sad.. plus all of my friends are thin so they mostly can do whatever they want... I would just want to know your experience and also if it hurts for a while... The more I know about the surgery the more I want to set a date.,. I would also like ot know if anybody is planning on going in February 2013 since That would be when I would be going... If anybody could tell me their experience and how it changed your life (for good or bad) I woudl reaqlly appreciate it. :)[/quote']

Hey girl I'm from Victoria BC. I'm 25 years old and totally understand an relate to ur story. I had my surgery in Victoria on oct 2...I got very lucky. My surgeon has been in town 2 years so not a lot of people know of him and I got in within a year. My start weight was 280. After a month long pre op diet I was 260. Today I'm 248 (about 2.5 weeks out of surgery). Do what u need to do. Even though I'm not even close to goal I can tell u I'm much happier than the last few months. I'm also done being sad, crying, tired etc etc. sorry I can't offer any advice on the Mexico part because I had my surgery in Canada but if u ever need to talk feel free to message me:)