Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/11/12 Sleevers-How Ya Doin'v

Was released from hospital a day early. I have not sleep more than 2 hours at a time since Wed. 10/10. So much gas pain-shoulders, back & even my neck, at times. I'm walking and being a little active at least every 90 minutes for a half hour. Last night I finally stopped taking prescribed pain meds. realizing they were making me hyper (Percocette), switched to Tylnol fast release which seemed to help more than the Perc. lus I finally slept most of the night. My worst pain besides gass, is my right side! I've noticed most people are saying their left sides hurt. Weird! Every Protein bev. I've tried since surgery tastes gross- vanilla shake w/water-tolerable, but yucky. broth tastes good but adds more gas so I have to suck on a GasX as I sip. Isopure-OMG! I thought grape was bad (had in hospital), hubby brought me mango flavored today--whoever invented this flavor...'rusted old metal Tomato can' is what they should have named it! Unjury unflavored whey protein in jello-totally separated - looked too gross to try! And i followed the recipe and used a thermometer for Water temp! Help! What is everyone else drinking on clear stage getting in 60 grams of protein? I've been lucky to get almost 40. (Oh, the tummy gurgling is non-stop. I feel so bloaty and gross!) They should give everyone a t-shirt that says 'burp' on the front and 'excuse me' on the back! So tired of excusing myself every second (when ppl. are around only, of course!) 

You are so funny. I didn't have pain in my right side until about a month after surgery. I figured it was probably the titanium staples rubbing something. Gurgling yes. In fact I still have it at times. At week two I couldn't stand the taste of anything liquid. My sister bought me one of the tropical drinks from Sonic. It was very sweet but it had a good taste. I had a lot of chicken broth the first three weeks. was so ready for real food. My ice tea still doesn't taste right. About a month post op I found Protein Shots at Wal-Mart. I wasn't able to get enough Protein Shakes down...there isn't room. I buy the 42gram shot and drink half in the morning and half in the evening. The shot plus a Protein Shake in morning and at lunch gives me my 80grams.

So have you tried the muscle milk light?

So far so good for me! I am drinking Water with Crystal Light, a lot of broth from chicken noodle Soup (the broth only), strained cream of chicken Soup, a few ounces of a Protein shake, and a liquid proton shot that has 26 grams of Protein.< /p>

I'll have to try the shots. I'm still working on my chicken broth that was both lunch and dinner (reheated 3x-starting to curdle-gross!). Isopure-hideous. Shake-I'm not enjoying vanilla, afraid chocolate will give me even more gass! I wish I could have Greek yogurt. I've seen some people post being on full liquid as soon as two days post-op. So jealous! Hopefully this will only be until Tuesday when I see my surgeon for ost-op visit. Thanks for tips!

I was just informed that the shots from Wal-Mart are not the same as those I had ordered from Bariatric Advantage website. Here is the link for the good shots. https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/list/11/Protein

Any 10/11-ers have post-op dr. appt. since going home yet? I'm hoping to move on to stage 2 liquids tomorrow after my appt. tomorrow morning. Just wondering how everyone is doing. Today I felt more myself and it was the 1st day I met Protein min. requirement. Yaa!