Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is The Psych Eval Like?

Mine was basically stupid.. The evaluator said I overeat because I hate my marriage and my wife is depressed because I over eat.. My kids went far away to college to get away from us both and I should get counseling or a divorce... She signed off on it.. Id divorce my wife but I love her.. stupid. me..

Mine was basically stupid.. The evaluator said I overeat because I hate my marriage and my wife is depressed because I over eat.. My kids went far away to college to get away from us both and I should get counseling or a divorce... She signed off on it.. Id divorce my wife but I love her.. stupid. me..

Oh wow! Yeh mine didn't tell me anything "insightful" but if I do get the surgery I'd like to continue as i think it would help eating habits, recognizing and changing them and just the emotional factor with me and hubby of such a drastic weight change.

Mine took 5 minutes tops. I went in, she took out a single piece of paper and asked me about 5 questions. The questions were 1) am I or have I ever been physically or emotionally abuse 2) what is my relationship status and am I happy with it 3) do I have friends and/ or relatives that live nearby and are supportive of my decision 4) can I follow doctors instructions and 5) do you have the fax number to send this to your doctor. Wow!!! That was it!!!

Oh there was one more question...she asked if I have been or currently am addicted to drugs or alcohol. I said no, too busy being addicted to food!

I was in and out in 15 minutes. I talked to the shrink about my family life, support system and the reason I wanted the surgery. I answered some questions in a book and that was it. EASY...

I have mine at the end of the month and so worried! Mine is 3 long hours then i go back the next day to talk to the Dr for an hour! Why is mine so long compared to others? Oh and its going to cost me $600 but if insurance pays it all i will have to pay is my copay.. :unsure:

Please Delete.

Mines wasn't a test or anything, it was basically like seeing a shrink. the therapist asked basic questions about live, family, etc. i was referred to a psychatrist, however we got it sorted out and i was cleared within 2 wks, the tests the doctor had referred me took longer to clear.

My psych eval is tomorrow, but my patient advocate at the surgeon's office sent me home with a questionnaire with 567 true false questions. It took a while to fill it out. I have been to psychiatrists in the past for my panic disorder so I figure the visit should be pretty basic tomorrow. I will report.

I just took mine and one part was a 328 question true and false assessment then met with psychologist for approx an hr......no sweat