Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mourning My Beautiful Clothes

As I many on this forum have said you go through clothes very quickly. I am now going through my closet pulled out too big clothes and it is half empty! I can't beleive the rate that your clothes become too big. I am mourning my beautiful high quality duds. For me this seems to be a very hard part, I loved dressing so all my lovely clothes, on to someone else!!

Congratulations to you for reaching that stage of taking inventory of your wardrobe. I've lost 30 lbs since my pre-op diet. My clothes are loose but not at a point of smaller sizes yet. I can't wait for that. I can't wait to buy smaller clothing sizes - there are beautiful clothes in smaller sizes, and especially for the holidays!!

It sounds like you are doing very well!!! Someone will benefit from your great taste, but your closet leaves room for new gorgeous clothes! :)

Amazon13

it is sad having to get rid of nice clothes that are now too big for you - now having to spend more money - BUTTTTT - just keep saying to yourself - wow - this is amazing look at how much weight i lost, world - look at me now WooHoo

out with the old in with the new

trust me buying new clothes is lots of fun WooHoo

my closet was filled with clothes that were too small for me (i had lost alot of wt 7 years ago)

i kept staring at the clothes in hopes that i would one day be able to wear them again - finally gave them away a couple of years ago

they would all fit me now - had to go out and buy new stuff!!! Love it

the past is over..........look out world here i come

I am sooooo looking forward to this!!! Enjoy ladies, you deserve it. Shopping in the front of a non-plus store is my goal!!! Sexy Sexy!!!

As I many on this forum have said you go through clothes very quickly. I am now going through my closet pulled out too big clothes and it is half empty! I can't beleive the rate that your clothes become too big. I am mourning my beautiful high quality duds. For me this seems to be a very hard part' date=' I loved dressing so all my lovely clothes, on to someone else!![/quote']

You may want to find a plus sized consignment shop. The one I use pays me 40% of what they make off my clothes. I only bring them my higher end / good quality stuff. All the stretched out jeans, jeggings, etc go to Goodwill.

I haven't had surgery yet but as i am packing up my summer clother it dawned on me that I probably won't be wearing them again. I have lots of clothes and it made me a little sad about all the money i have spent. I hope I can find a good way to resale to get a little cash for new ones. I have a job that requires me to dress very nicely. I am not letting myself by anything else until after my surgery. I have even heard your shoe size can change. This is a great forum for sharing and I may do something that I saw someone else did and post pictures of clothing for sale and try to sell them that way. Much easier than ebay I think.

I haven't for certain even decided I am going to run this gauntlet WLS, however the clothing situation does concern me not because I dress so high end but because I've lost weight, got rid od all my "fat" clothes and bought all new "skinny" clothes, only to gain the weight back and had to get rid of my "skinny" clothes and buy larger and larger sizes until I was/am back in "fat" clothes. I've battled to lose 45-40 lbs over the past couple years, dropped a few sizes and had to buy more clothes. Now I'm struggling to keep from gaining again. This clothing roller coaster is going to bankrupt me!! And I can't stand doing this all over again...from fat to skinny and back to fat! What if WLS doesn't work?

And shoes??? I don't remember having to get smaller shoe sizes before. Please say it ain't so. I just bought a pair of to die for cowboy boots!

What if WLS doesn't work?

And shoes??? I don't remember having to get smaller shoe sizes before. Please say it ain't so. I just bought a pair of to die for cowboy boots!

WLS works if you do.

You can go from a wider shoe size to a medium if your feet are fleshy. Not everyone will have this issue. I didn't.

WLS works if you do.

kyllfalcon

WLS works if you do

love that :)

"WLS works if you do"

hehehehe! You have no idea how many times I've stood with clients at 12 step meetings and heard that line...or a variation there of...."it only works if you work it." funny mental connection for me there.

I know how you feel, I have a beautiful leather jacket in the back seat of my car waiting to be given away. I want to give it to the good will and I want to try to sell it at a cosignment shop. Honestly, I think goodwill will win because I don't want to bother.

FindingMeMe, I seeyou are a member of Military Spouse Sleevers. I work for the VA in the homeless Vets program. If you are located where there is a VA hospital or Clinic, call them and see if they have a clothing closet for their clients. Just a suggestion - but I know the families with which I work always need clothing to job hunt in and with winter coming, those that are still outside are going to be cold.

FindingMeMe' date=' I seeyou are a member of Military Spouse Sleevers. I work for the VA in the homeless Vets program. If you are located where there is a VA hospital or Clinic, call them and see if they have a clothing closet for their clients. Just a suggestion - but I know the families with which I work always need clothing to job hunt in and with winter coming, those that are still outside are going to be cold.[/quote']

Yes!!! Great recommendation. There is also a program alled Dress for Success that helps unemployed, underprivileged women find. Lothing for job interviews and jobs. Great cause to donate clothing to.

WLS works if you do.

You can go from a wider shoe size to a medium if your feet are fleshy. Not everyone will have this issue. I didn't.

I've lost 1/2 to 1 shoe size, depending on brand. The last few years, my feet went from 8.5-9 to 9.5-10. Now I'm back to 8.5-9. Have a ton of expensive shoes that are too big now.

Yes!!! Great recommendation. There is also a program alled Dress for Success that helps unemployed' date=' underprivileged women find. Lothing for job interviews and jobs. Great cause to donate clothing to.[/quote']

I'm having a party for them in December to give away all of my quality items. I will also invite other girlfriends and I'm allowing three charities that are woman focused (including dress for success) to invite their donors. I hope to fill their closet with a ton of lovely things to help other women out :)