Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Tell Me I'm Not Done Yet!

Hi gang, I'm hoping I might be able to ask for your opinion. I am almost 5 months out (May 10th) and for the last month and a half to two months, I've been gaining and losing the same three to four pounds. I lost 74 lbs very quickly, but have reached a stand still. I was 371 on surgery day, and am at 297 (sometimes a little less) I'm hoping that I am not finished losing yet, is this possible? I've been eating pretty much the same since I started back on regular food, but I haven't been exercising as much as I should. Perhaps it's time to start cutting back on calories and getting to the gym or for a walk on a regular basis, or do you think I will have to be happy with what I've lost?

Not as far out as you but I've heard that throughout the process, one will experience stalls at usual landmarks. I don't know if 5 months is one of those landmarks or not. If you know you are lacking in exercise, you should get on that just for general health reasons regardless if it jump starts your weight loss or not.

I hope you get a more detailed answer at some point though.

I've heard that everyone "stalls". Some people start from basics. Protein Shakes during the day and a meal in the evening. Good luck...

Thank you both so much for the input! :) I did have a few mini stalls along the way, but this is my first major one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hope that it's not permanent! :wacko:

We were sleeved on the same day. I would say that exercise is pretty important for me - I think it makes a big difference. You may have to add it in to see the scales start moving again. Also, what are your eating habits - I am eating 600-800 calories per day, 65-85 grams of Protein, 20-30 grams of carbs. I have lost a similar number of lbs - I went from 255 to 177. I think that keepin those calories low, staying away from carbs, and getting in the exercise are the keys to my weight loss. You may be on a very similar plan and just in a long stall, or need to add in the exercise... hard to say without knowing the details of your approach, but those are some ideas. Good luck!

I must admit, I haven't really been as diligent as I could be keeping track of calories and carbs, but still lost quite a bit of weight in a hurry. I'm thinking that the initial big loss was Water weight, now I really need to crack down on everything and start keeping track of those calories and carbs, and adding in the exercise. I just tend to worry over absolutely everything, which led to wondering if I was done losing or not. Hopefully things will be back on track in a few weeks time! :)

I must admit' date=' I haven't really been as diligent as I could be keeping track of calories and carbs, but still lost quite a bit of weight in a hurry. I'm thinking that the initial big loss was Water weight, now I really need to crack down on everything and start keeping track of those calories and carbs, and adding in the exercise. I just tend to worry over absolutely everything, which led to wondering if I was done losing or not. Hopefully things will be back on track in a few weeks time! :)[/quote']

I can not recommend enough that you use MyFitnessPal for tracking calories. It is a free app or you can use the website. I track all of my food there, and it helps be by spitting out all the facts for Protein, carbs, fats etc. Truly the most helpful thing I have found. It also tracks calories burned through any exercise you enter. Entering everything and knowing the cold hard facts has helped me make much better decisions.

My user name there is MTMW1975 if you join and want to add me as a friend. My food journal is set so you could see it, which I have found to be a helpful feature when trying to figure out what people are doing to gain success.

Good luck!