Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel Like I'm Going To Lose It Trying To Decide

I'm great! Had my 50th BD yesterday and had a fabulous hammam massage....I wrote all about it on my blog today...check it out and so glad you're doing so great! www.queenofcrop.com

Hey Queenie! I am feeling wonderful! A little sore, nothing that Tylenol can't handle. Getting in plenty of liquids and Protein. I'm down a total of 13 pounds since surgery - say what?!? If I didn't have a witness when I weighed my self, I wouldnt believe it! Going back to work on Monday. I miss being up and out, but I do tire easily so I'm sure my first week will be a challenge. How are you doing?

Happy Birthday Queenie! Wow, you must feel like a true Queen knowing how far you've come since your last birthday! I can't wait (actually, I can...!) for my 54th birthday in July. Last July, the day after my birthday was when I went to the WLS open house at my hospital's Bariatric center. I was so excited to be doing something that was going to help me with my life-long battle forever! 3 months later and I'm recovering-exciting! (I literally spent my 2 week vacation taking care of all Pre-op requirements! So worth it!) I don't know what I'll weigh, or how I'll look, but I do know I'll feel 200% better than I did last July being squished in a beach chair at the ocean and almost drowning in the rough surf when I got knocked over and almost couldn't get up! (Tumbling baby beluga comes to mind!) I even watched a beloved turquoise bracket (why I was wearing it swimming, God only knows!) slip off my wrist as I tumbled about! What a "wake up!" moment that was! A little set back today, but I know I'll be fine! What are your goals for yourself for this year?

HI Hollie! Thanks for checking in; I read about the issues you were having and even though I have no idea what the pain is from, be sure to follow your doctor's orders. You went through a lot to get here; if you have to take some time off of work then do it....this is too important! When I look back and think of the times I went to work when I should have taken care of myself, I realize now it was the wrong decision. At any rate, you still have a good attitude about it all!

For me, I am just getting settled into Amsterdam life (loving it). Joined a gym today so I can keep my weight in the 130's (it's all about watching one or two lbs at a time now). I'm working on a book about my journey and hoping to do some seminars here and in Germany...so stay tuned! Never a dull moment!

Take good care of yourself...the next few months you are still healing.

That is so cool! Def. keep in touch if you need a friend to chat with back in the states! Keeping close check on your weight has got to be a priority when making it to goal. I know for me, a little 2 lb. gain quickly morphs into 5, then 10 , 20 ...  I'm excited to get to that point-fabulous! I visited Sweden about 10 years ago, my husbands sister was briefly married to a Swede. I loved that part of the world-Nordic countries rock! Good luck with your book. It reminded me to try to find some non-fiction WLS books for myself to read!