Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Canadian "NSV" Thread

I am so excited!!!!!!!

I finally have a NSV (that i recognized). I went off my arthritis (sp) medication when I started my Optifast and after the first week, which was he....!! I found that i wasn't aching as bad. I was banded Dec 15/06 and I haven't been taking any of my arthritis (sp) medication on even any Tylonel (sp) either. I had been living on both medications for the last 2 years. I am not sure if I was having a hard time because of food allergies. But I am feeling so good and I am glad that I am no longer taking any kind of pain med. I still am taking my blood pressure meds, but the Dr. said that she thinks I will be off it soon.

That is good news on the arthritis meds Anne, good for you. My Dr. is been very cautious on my blood pressure medicine, he cut the dosage but does want to take me off them yet.

Good NSV.

Maria

I have a new NSV to report. For some time now my size 16W jeans have been getting kinda baggy on me. These were jeans that I was unable to fit into at the time of my lapband operation last September even when I was lying down before trying to do up the zipper. :Banane20:

Today I did a massive shopping freak out after months of wearing very baggy clothes. I bought a skirt and a pair of pants in size medium :Banane34: at a normo store and I bought two pairs of skinny jeans - size 16 - at the Gap. :grouphug: I did not have to lie down in order to do up any of these clothes!!! :faint: And I think that the kid at the Gap wanted me to buy the size 14 jeans (but I was afraid).:)

Here is my latest NSV: those jeans that I bought only three weeks ago are now too big! I can slide the damn things off without undoing them. I would be really, really pleased (in fact outta my mind with pleasure) if a) I didn't still feel like a fatty and :Banane57: if I hadn't just got them. I haven't even got the VISA bill yet!:cry I shouldn't have bought two pairs, eh. I have to buy a belt. :help: I haven't worn a belt in over a decade.:D Maybe even two decades....

I still wear a 3X top.

No job for me. They asked me back for a second interview and then told me they would let me know either way. Well that was two Monday's ago. Nice...thanks for nothing. I probably said something offensive like usual. Men tend to be able to take my forwardness but women tend to be threatened. You know...the skinny ones who like the fat women in the office to just do their work and try not to be seen or heard. The second interview was with 2 such woman and one man...so I guess I never had a chance.

skinnies 1:mookies 0

Mookie, as much as that sucks, things always work out as they are inteded to be. I am guessing that in a little while something will happen that will make you say "Thank God I didn't take that other job!"

Green, wow, you are the incredible shrinking bandster. (I just noticed what a funny word shrinking is!)

Anne, I am so looking forward to getting off meds...you are an inspiration!

Okay, I have a weird NSV today. Yesterday, I had someone who I work with (for 8 years) take a double look at me ( a male), then said, 'gee, you look good today'. As Im saying thanks, I wanted to say......Oh, thanks JERK, your the one who wouldnt give me the time of day or answer my questions just last year, remember???? But I didnt. Took the NSV and ran.:)

Congratulations, Cloe!:clap2: An NSV from a jerk is still an NSV, you know.:) It might be an even bigger NSV because jerks don't give compliments easily. That's why they are jerks.:heh: