Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Momma Sleevers Who Have Young Children

I am a 28 year old mother of 4. My children are 10, 8, 4, and 3. Wanting sleever friends who cope with motherhood and this journey. Thanx in advance.

Hi how are you. I am a mother of 2 (15 and 10) and have a husband (my biggest kid of all). I am having surgery on 09/17/2012. I can say one thing is my children are very supportive and excited for mommy having this surgery.

Hi how are you. I am a mother of 2 (15 and 10) and have a husband (my biggest kid of all). I am having surgery on 09/17/2012. I can say one thing is my children are very supportive and excited for mommy having this surgery.

Good evening,

Thank you for your reply. I can totally relate to the hubby being the biggest kid of all lol. Congrats on ur approaching surgery! How was your journey so far. I am glad your children are supportive. My 10 year old is really the only one who kind of understands. She is super excited for the new healthy mommy as well. I told her I may even get on a roller coaster with her....she had a smile from ear to ear :)

Older mom here of 9 yes 9 kids. 5 are either working, in college or grad school. 4 at home ages 5, 7, 10 ( special needs), and 13. I have my husband and best criend going to help me out. I am a fussy hoisekeeper and extremely organized and regimented, so it should be interesting to let the house and kids go for a few days. My 10 year old is pre-diabetic and overweight due to medications for her mental health disabilities, so a change in our diets would be good all around. fot my skinny 13 year old boy, and my littlest girls, I can give them extra carbs and fats. My hubby can use to lose a few, so I think it will work.

bmi.png

Hello girls! I have 4 - (19,14 (special needs),11 and 6) My surgery is on Thursday this week. My 6 year old seem very very nervous about me having surgery.

I have a 2 year old :)

I have 6 children, 1 still at home who has special needs as well. I'm also a very involved grandmother of 4.

Hi, I'm a mother of two girls (3 and 9 months). What are others doing/did for help after surgery? My surgery is scheduled for September 11th! I have my in-laws help for two weeks then my husband is off for one week. Is that enough? I can hire help if needed, but not sure if I need it. I have to lift my 18 pound baby all the time, so I want to be careful.

I'm a mom of 2 boys. They are 6 1/2 and almost 9. Welcome!

Hi! I'm 27 and a mommy to a 5 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy;) oh and thee husband can't forget him lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using VST

Older mom here of 9 yes 9 kids. 5 are either working, in college or grad school. 4 at home ages 5, 7, 10 ( special needs), and 13. I have my husband and best criend going to help me out. I am a fussy hoisekeeper and extremely organized and regimented, so it should be interesting to let the house and kids go for a few days. My 10 year old is pre-diabetic and overweight due to medications for her mental health disabilities, so a change in our diets would be good all around. fot my skinny 13 year old boy, and my littlest girls, I can give them extra carbs and fats. My hubby can use to lose a few, so I think it will work.

bmi.png

Thank you for your reply. Wow you are definitely busy! How are your children and hubby dealing with this whole process? When is your surgery date? I do believe that "mommy" getting healthier will definitely inspire the family, so this is one of the most rewarding aspects for me. My daughter is overweight and my son was recently diagnosed with ADHD so a healthy diet is important for us all. My hubby has also started giving me little challenges which I love because it gets me pumped to start this new lifestyle without the "fat" excuse :)

Hello girls! I have 4 - (19,14 (special needs),11 and 6) My surgery is on Thursday this week. My 6 year old seem very very nervous about me having surgery.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. You have your hands full as well. I am sure that you can relate to the fact that the decision to have the sleeve was to be an even better mother to these wonderful children. My heart goes out to you and your 6 year old. Prayers for the little heart to be at ease. It probably breaks your heart to see him/her worrying about youL Good luck on your surgery and keep us updated. I am interested to see how healing, post op dieting, parenting, and housekeeping/ working all work out for busy mommas like us. Again, best of luck to you.

I have a 2 year old :)

Hi! Thanks for the reply. So according to your profile you were recently sleeved in Aug correct? If so, how was the healing and taking it easy with an active toddler? Did you have help and if so how much help is really needed? Thanks in advance!

I have a 7 yr old girl, and two boys 5 and 3.

There sure seems to be a common factor with having kids with special needs! (yes, me too)

Although I'm always straight up with my kids, I won't be telling my kids the exact reason that I'll be going to hospital. My daughter is a sensitive soul who takes on more than she should, and I feel she doesn't need to try to comprehend the surgery.

I'm just hoping the sleeve recovery will be slightly more mild than c-sections.

Good evening' date='

Thank you for your reply. I can totally relate to the hubby being the biggest kid of all lol. Congrats on ur approaching surgery! How was your journey so far. I am glad your children are supportive. My 10 year old is really the only one who kind of understands. She is super excited for the new healthy mommy as well. I told her I may even get on a roller coaster with her....she had a smile from ear to ear :)[/quote']

So far my journey has been good. Had some ups and down with my pcp but made it through. I started my 2 week liquid diet on 9/3 so week one down and one week to go. I am look forward to understand what my husband been saying when he eats how fast he get full how slow you should eat. My husband has gastric bypass done in Dec 2008. My girl are in count down mode with me. They are supportive all the way.