Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

oh sign me up for that 10 pound challenge- Moon!!! :)

I cant wait till my fill, I have been trying to convince myself that I am full- I dont think its working to well heha! I felt just a little tingly from the margarita but it went away real fast. It felt good though. :)

i cant stop getting on the dumb scale... I have often yelled out from the bathroom to my DH "hey, did you mess with my scale? " lol he swears he doesn't. And I have never even owned a scale before this operation. I hated them! It was depressing to me. I never actually saw any loss, just the numbers going up, and now its so different to see a new lower number on the scale. Very wierd indeed. But I like it. I never thought a scale would be fun- like I stand there doing a magic chant- "oh please just let a lower number show!" omg I am I crazy or what! lol......

Mommav your stitches went through a nerve? Ouch girl I bet that is driving you nuts! I hope it goes away as it heals.... poor thing! *big Hugs*

Ok everyone have fun tonight- Hereos comes on tonight !! Yays! Oh and they just released the Sopranos latest season last week! So you all know what I will be doing! ~Raynie!

Count me in on the weight loss challenge for 10 pounds.. I hope to loose more.. but I am finding with the soft stages the weight loss has slowed down. I have had 1 fill.. but my dr said I would not really notice a change until about 3 or 4 fills.. so it is going to be will power.. I am going to stay focused on Thanksgiving..

I also have had a couple glasses of wine this weekend.. I also was scared of bping that I stopped.. I did not want to mess anything up..and wine was not worth it..

Man I am so jealous of those of you who have gotten fills. I was one of the first two to be banded, and I'm not up for my fill for another two weeks. Oh well. lol.

Moon goddess I am in for the challenge! 10 lbs by Christmas! We can do it!

Want to hear what a bad banster I was today? You gals are doing great. I went to a movie tonight with my 2 girls and we stopped at the food court for dinner and I fe liltke a could handle a slice pizza. Well you know that horrid PB thing we have all read about?..............Yup, right in the food court into a napkin. My kids were terrified. They thought I was having a heart attack.

*shaking index finger* roxy you bad bandster, you! haha - just kidding. I think the dreaded PB is bound to happen to us all and how we learn. I know I eat too fast and if I don't slow it down I will be paying for it once I get my first fill!

Well guys I got my first fill today. 3cc's in a 10cc band. It went super well. My husband also got his I asked for a little lidocane and felt nothing. My hubby did it with out any numbing agent and he did great. I am down a total of 41 pounds (20 prediet and 21 since surgery) My hubby is down 31 (20 prediet and 11 since surgery). I still don't know how the restriction is since we are on liquids for 24 hours. They had us drink some Water before we left and it went down fine. I haven't eaten anything else today as I'm a little nervous. We also had our first session with the dietician and that was very informative.

If you are soon getting a fill don't waste anytime worrying about it, its a piece of cake. They got my hubbys right away but it took about 3 minutes of moving the needle around tell she found mine it was such and odd feeling but there again it didn't hurt.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi everyone,

Great to read our thread and catch up on our progress. Sounds like we are all doing well, with just a few hicups for some of us here and there. Great work everyone, keep up the good stuff!

I have been working like a maniac with my day job for the past few weeks, and haven't had much time to hang out here at LBT :) .

I ended up putting on about 4 lbs after going back to solid foods. It has moslty gone again now, and the scales seem to be moving downwards again. I am finding protion sizes are much smaller, and I am not driven to snack like I used to be. Life is different already. Although I am far from perfect, it is already so much easier to be clever about what and when I eat. After a lifetime of feeling that I was "different" about food to everyone else, it is such a relief from worrying about food all the time and to finally start feeling what I think "normal" about food whould be.

Anyway, enough rambling. hehehe. I track my measurements using the Excel "Fitness Progress Chart for Women" from Microsoft Office Templates (www.microsoft.com, follow the links to the template downloads). I added extra columns for the additional measurements I like to keep. I updated my charts today, and was surprised to find out how many centimetres I have lost - in the weirdest places! :clap2: I was expecting that some "obvious" parts (eg. waist, hips) would have lost more than they have so far, and was surprised at how much I have lost on "obscure" places like neck, wrist and ankle! Here's the details (2.5cm = about 1 inch):

• NECK -2.5cm
  • CHEST -2cm
  • BUST -3cm
  • WAIST -1cm
  • HIPS -3cm
  • THIGH -5cm
  • CALF -1cm
  • ANKLE -2cm
  • UPPER ARM -4cm
  • FOREARM -1.5cm
  • WRIST -0.5cm

I have my first fill scheduled for Nov 25th. Feeling nervous. I hate needles. Anyway, looking forward to catching up more on LBT soon! Take care October band babies!

Hi everyone - I should schedule my first fill around Dec 20th. I a little worried that I will have problems with it and be out of town for Christmas. Should I wait until after Christmas? I don't want to gain any holiday weight either! Decisions, Decisions.... Thanks for your insight.

Hey count me in for the challenge:) Kimberly I got my first fill yesterday and I am going on a cruise a week from Saturday. I'll just eat smaller portions and chew chew chew, at least that's what I'm telling myself, but I know how I am and I am going to have to give myself a little talk every morning and hope that my brain decides to listen. I didn't have any problems with eating or drinking yesterday so hopefully it will go smoothly. I did get fuller quicker so that's a big PLUS. About the challenge, should we say how much we lost everyweek or wait until Christmas? I'm ready to get this challenge started:clap2:

Oh you guys are all so lucky getting fills already! I have to wait untill Dec 5th! Ugh!! hehe Good luck to all ....I want to hear about it in details ok? Have a good day guys!

~Raynie!

Morning everyone!

Count me in on the Christmas challenge as well! Monday nights I have a very slow class so I packed some hommus and crackers. by 8 i was ready to have my head hit the desk. I bought those soft grandmas Cookies and ate one of them. It felt soo good to have chocolate after 4 weeks!! I don't know if its related to the cookie or not but my stomach just feels off today. Maybe its guilt and all in my head. =)

guess i better get back to work!