Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Make Me Feel Better ;)

Yes I know all about stalls but I would live some positive thoughts to clear my mind. I want to know what u all think too. My SW was 250 day of surgery I was 241 and today I'm stalling btw 218-220 it keeps bouncing. Am I doing well on my weight loss? I'm 7 weeks out today and would love to hear to opinions. I'm eating 600-700 if I'm lucky in calories daily. I walk the treadmill for 45-60 min at a 7.5 incline and/ or do the elliptical for the same amount of time (4-5 days a week) I work six days a week on top of that and constantly on my feet 45-50 hours in a restaurant. Thanks everyone. And please I'm not complaining, just would love to hear positive thoughts because I really just want to be around 210 already so kinda bummed me out. And yes I'm following the rules. I get 60-70 Protein a day and drink 10-12 cups of water/fluid, keep my carbs at 30 or less and 20-30 fats (40 according to my doctor but I'm being tough on self)

I have seen you on here quite a bit and always offer really good support. I haven't been sleeved yet but have been in the fitness industry my entire life and it seems like you should be taking in 300-400 more calories per day at least- with the exercise. I have been doing this a long time now, loosing and gaining, and if I wasn't eating at least 1200-1300 calories a day while I exerise- the scale was at a stand still. It used to freak me out all the time until I finally convinced myself to just eat a little more. It really made all the difference for me. I know you will get through this- I can tell you are a very strong person by the remarks you make on this site. Hang in there you will do this. Plateaus SUCK but that's just what they are- stepping stones. I've got your back ;)

Wow! The sheer physics regarding the amount of physical activity versus your caloric intake makes it rather surprising that you've stalled. But the whole "stall" thing is a science I have yet to clearly understand. I stalled for about 5 days in week 6. I wanted to smash my scale, oh yes I did.

I think we get so used to the weight coming off daily that when it stops for a while, we automatically go into panic mode. I did. But just knowing, from this forum, that stalls are common and completely normal did me a world of good.

I'm actually amazed by you. You're exercising, keeping busy, following your diet, etc. I can't see how you would fail! It sounds like to me you're on your way to success.

Oh..one more thing...I have to keep reminding myself that the rate of weight loss isn't as important as knowing that, if I do everything I'm supposed to do, I WILL reach my goal. Besides, I've read that the faster you lose weight, the greater the loose-skin problem can be.

I have seen you on here quite a bit and always offer really good support. I haven't been sleeved yet but have been in the fitness industry my entire life and it seems like you should be taking in 300-400 more calories per day at least- with the exercise. I have been doing this a long time now' date=' loosing and gaining, and if I wasn't eating at least 1200-1300 calories a day while I exerise- the scale was at a stand still. It used to freak me out all the time until I finally convinced myself to just eat a little more. It really made all the difference for me. I know you will get through this- I can tell you are a very strong person by the remarks you make on this site. Hang in there you will do this. Plateaus SUCK but that's just what they are- stepping stones. I've got your back ;)[/quote']

Thanks for ur input, I'll think about upping my calories but it's tough. My sleeve is really tight. My goal is to get to 800 and then I can work my way up ;)

Wow! The sheer physics regarding the amount of physical activity versus your caloric intake makes it rather surprising that you've stalled. But the whole "stall" thing is a science I have yet to clearly understand. I stalled for about 5 days in week 6. I wanted to smash my scale' date=' oh yes I did.

I think we get so used to the weight coming off daily that when it stops for a while, we automatically go into panic mode. I did. But just knowing, from this forum, that stalls are common and completely normal did me a world of good.

I'm actually amazed by you. You're exercising, keeping busy, following your diet, etc. I can't see how you would fail! It sounds like to me you're on your way to success.[/quote']

Aww thanks, u made me smile ;)

It sounds like you're kicking butt following the plan, but your body just doesn't wanna cooperate! Weight loss wise sounds like you're doing well - You're averaging about 3.8 pounds a week lost, which seems like more than if you just put it in a whole number lost (At least imo - I wanna pay attention to the biggest number to keep me going =p). That sounds like a really good pace to me.

As far as stalling, I wish I could offer you concrete advice, but nothing seemed to make a difference for mine except sheer determination. My hormones went wack and I ranted a bit on my blog, which helped with the crazies. Now that I'm finally seeing a little movement, I feel much better about having survived the 3 weeks of stall. Anyway, because during this time I read hundreds of posts on stalls I will give you the advice I tried that worked for other people:

- Increasing calories by a few hundred for a few days to a week and then coming back down on calories (I found this easier by adding some calorie rich foods rather than adding more volume because I couldn't eat a lot either)

- Decreasing carbs - I try and keep mine below 40 because that's what my PCP said would help put me in ketosis

- Increasing Water - Many blogs I read talk about how you should divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces you should get. That makes like 150 ounces for me which is not realistically happening so I aimed for an extra 16oz glass per day

- Increasing exercise - it sounds like you're already doing this, but maybe doing a different type of exercise or at a different time of day - I know from other diets I've done that my body loves to get in a set routine and stop dropping weight, I gotta keep it guessing to keep losing

- Decreasing processed foods

- Increasing Protein - I got up to around 100g/day for a few days but nothing seemed to happen and I had a hard time getting that much in so I started just aiming for my target of 70 again

- Adding interval training and strength training - I did this by adding 5 1 minute jogging intervals to my walks, not allowed to lift weights yet so did a few isometric things and some wall push-ups

- Having a rich high fat/calorie sweet - I didn't end up really trying this. I wanted to, because it sounded tasty, but I was too worried about ending up binging on something, my self control has yet to be really tested and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible! A lot of people seemed to swear by this though

- Going back to basics - liquid diet for a few days and working back up (not fun!)

None of these worked for me, but they worked for a lot of other people! I hope that helps any =) Feel free to rant if you're feeling stressed though, keeping stress in and being upset raises your cortisol and can help lead to weight gain/retention. Every time I vented I feel like I got it off my chest and could worry about other stuff for the day.

Hang in there, it will break eventually.

You've received some great advice already so not much else I can add except hang in there. I am 6 weeks out, just had a visit with my surgeon and he said my weight loss would slow at this point. I was a bit surprised to hear that and it must have shown on my face because he then reminded me that I did not gain the weight overnight and it would take time to lose it.

Just keep his statement in mind.

It sounds like you're kicking butt following the plan' date=' but your body just doesn't wanna cooperate! Weight loss wise sounds like you're doing well - You're averaging about 3.8 pounds a week lost, which seems like more than if you just put it in a whole number lost (At least imo - I wanna pay attention to the biggest number to keep me going =p). That sounds like a really good pace to me.

As far as stalling, I wish I could offer you concrete advice, but nothing seemed to make a difference for mine except sheer determination. My hormones went wack and I ranted a bit on my blog, which helped with the crazies. Now that I'm finally seeing a little movement, I feel much better about having survived the 3 weeks of stall. Anyway, because during this time I read hundreds of posts on stalls I will give you the advice I tried that worked for other people:

- Increasing calories by a few hundred for a few days to a week and then coming back down on calories (I found this easier by adding some calorie rich foods rather than adding more volume because I couldn't eat a lot either)

- Decreasing carbs - I try and keep mine below 40 because that's what my PCP said would help put me in ketosis

- Increasing Water - Many blogs I read talk about how you should divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces you should get. That makes like 150 ounces for me which is not realistically happening so I aimed for an extra 16oz glass per day

- Increasing exercise - it sounds like you're already doing this, but maybe doing a different type of exercise or at a different time of day - I know from other diets I've done that my body loves to get in a set routine and stop dropping weight, I gotta keep it guessing to keep losing

- Decreasing processed foods

- Increasing Protein - I got up to around 100g/day for a few days but nothing seemed to happen and I had a hard time getting that much in so I started just aiming for my target of 70 again

- Adding interval training and strength training - I did this by adding 5 1 minute jogging intervals to my walks, not allowed to lift weights yet so did a few isometric things and some wall push-ups

- Having a rich high fat/calorie sweet - I didn't end up really trying this. I wanted to, because it sounded tasty, but I was too worried about ending up binging on something, my self control has yet to be really tested and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible! A lot of people seemed to swear by this though

- Going back to basics - liquid diet for a few days and working back up (not fun!)

None of these worked for me, but they worked for a lot of other people! I hope that helps any =) Feel free to rant if you're feeling stressed though, keeping stress in and being upset raises your cortisol and can help lead to weight gain/retention. Every time I vented I feel like I got it off my chest and could worry about other stuff for the day.

Hang in there, it will break eventually.[/quote']

Thanks Izuri! U make such a valid point. I'll start changing things up to see if that will help this dang on stalk, lol. ;)

You've received some great advice already so not much else I can add except hang in there. I am 6 weeks out' date=' just had a visit with my surgeon and he said my weight loss would slow at this point. I was a bit surprised to hear that and it must have shown on my face because he then reminded me that I did not gain the weight overnight and it would take time to lose it.

Just keep his statement in mind.

[/quote']

U r right, it's going to take time just like how I got the way I am, it took time. Thanks girl .

You are doing amazing well girl!

My advise is going to be counter intuitive but my recomendation is to cut back on your exercise. Your body is adjusting to the stress it just went thru and with your lower calories and high exercise, it's adding more stress.

I would cut the treadmill back to 3 days a week for a few weeks and see what happens. My bet is you start to see a loss on the scale again!

You are doing amazing well girl!

My advise is going to be counter intuitive but my recomendation is to cut back on your exercise. Your body is adjusting to the stress it just went thru and with your lower calories and high exercise' date=' it's adding more stress.

I would cut the treadmill back to 3 days a week for a few weeks and see what happens. My bet is you start to see a loss on the scale again![/quote']

I worked 14 hours yesterday, I was gonna go to the gym before work but I'm going to relax a bit. My body is over doing it, thank u ;)

I worked 14 hours yesterday, I was gonna go to the gym before work but I'm going to relax a bit. My body is over doing it, thank u ;)

Good grief girl...after 14 hours of work, you need to relax ;)

Seriously though - If you cut back on the working out, you will see a difference. I know, been there, done that!

Good grief girl...after 14 hours of work' date=' you need to relax ;)

Seriously though - If you cut back on the working out, you will see a difference. I know, been there, done that![/quote']

;) gotta make money somehow, lol. Thanks for the advice. Maybe I won't workout as much, hopefully I'll figure it out

Hey Susie! Just wanted to say hi and tell you, you are doing fantastic!!! My gosh you are rocking that sleeve. I wish I had your energy!!

*hugs*