Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can Not Stop Eating! Uuugh

I guess the timing is right for PMS but OMG...I cannot stop eating.

So considering I cant barely eat much food... as opposed to before the sleeve... I guess it's a good thing that I have the sleeve. But my goodness I've had what seems like so much food since about 6 am...

1 mini doughnut ( my daughter left it in the car after dropping her off at school)

2 - 3oz. Danimals yogurt

4 fuyuns (yumm)

1/4 shelled sun flower seeds

8 oz Water

Has anyone else done this or struggled with pms eating???

I hope this doesn't come across as overly critical, but....that looks like an awful lot of simple carbs (doughnut...sugary yogurt), and not much Protein. If you're going to "pms eat", it would be better to choose low-fat, sugar free yogurt, or items higher in protein (instead of carbs, or junk food). Best of luck! :)

going through it now lol. once the pms is over you'll probably have a little more restriction and you won't want to eat as much. :)

Yes I went through it big time this month. While I have been very good about eating Protein first and complex carbs, it is the one time of the month that I find myself craving simple sugars and carbs and have given in several times. I am thinking it might not be a bad idea to make note of it, track it and be prepared. There is an app called Period Tracker that allows you to keep track of your cycles. Based on your input, it projects when your next period will start. The week leading up to that is big time cravings for me, so I guess I need to be better prepared with snacking alternatives for next month.

I hope this doesn't come across as overly critical' date=' but....that looks like an awful lot of simple carbs (doughnut...sugary yogurt), and not much Protein. If you're going to "pms eat", it would be better to choose low-fat, sugar free yogurt, or items higher in Protein (instead of carbs, or junk food). Best of luck! :)[/quote']

No worries I posted because clearly it is a problem and I understand I'm struggling and making bad choices

Dont beat yourself up....It happens to all of us at some time or another. I have done it myself, I had mine last week, ate 2 almonette Cookies and felt like crap after but.....looking forward, what is done is done, I will be better prepared next time! Truthfully, it wasnt that much that you ate...jmo!!!

I've been that way lately, and I don't even have PMS i can pin it on, so I'm going to have to say it's the moon phase and its pull on me or something. The carb monster has reared its ugly head. Imma hafta lop it off again!!! :lol:

Going through it right now. I just got through saying how I was ravenous today and can't seem to stop. Even though I've made good choicesI don't see anything wrong with the occasional treat. It's not like we PMS and gorge on fatty carbs everyday. Sometimes you gotta give your body what it ask for. And it's very true in my case, as soon as it goes off my stomach shrinks back to its tiny size. I guess that explains all the horrible cramping I now experience ;0(

So I was determined to change my eating... When I left work at noon I went straight to the store and bought some chicken and buffalo sauce and made chicken wonton things that 110 % completely satisfied my need for food/ fuel.

**Before I got home I stopped at the gas station and when I bought the gas I also bought toffee covered peanuts... And successfully made it home without eating any of them...

Omg I just don't understand (heavy sarcasm) how on earth my eating habits haven't changed in the blink of an eye 1 month out after surgery...

I've been feeling this way too. I'm on the shot so I don't have a period but I do know how it feels! I keep wondering if maybe I've stretched my poor stomach back out because I've been eating so much. Most likely it's the fact that we are making poor choices and eating carbs and sugary stuff that go right through the sleeve without stopping long enough to give that full feeling. I've decided I'm going to force myself back on to straight Protein for a couple of weeks and see how much more full I feel eating just protein.