Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody Else A Little Scared Or Worried

Natava
Sign in to follow this  

I just received my surgery date for October 9th. I know this is the best thing for me, but I still have worries. I especially worry about complications and getting all my nutritional needs, i.e. Protein. I know the first few months post-surgery are the most difficult time emotionally and physically. I feel that if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I can do anything for awhile. Most of the posts that I have read are very possitive and helpful. That makes me feel good but I would feel better if I knew what life and the dietary restrictions will be like 2+ years out. Will I ever feel normal again without worrying about what to eat?!! I have talked with my dietitian but I would feel better hearing it from someone who has lived it. I have read so many posts and I haven't found one discussion about what to expect further out than a year or two. Does anyone have any stories that they have heard (good or bad)?

Glad to have this support group : ) I haven't told anyone except my husband.

I have the same thoughts too. Excited but nervous/scared pretty much sums it up for me.

I'm scared of failure...like what if I get my sleeve and it doesn't work?? I haven't told anyone yet (except hubby and sister in law) for the simple fact -- I might not lose any weight! It's not something that consumes me, but I'm a private person to begin with, so I wouldn't make a public service announcement or anything.

Glad to know it is not just me. This is not my first surgery (breast cancer survivor, yay me) but this is the first one I've wanted to keep to myself. I've told my husband, sister, and grandmother and that's it. I'm really afraid of being judged, like my 15 years of dieting haven't been enough. At the same time it would be helpful for me and my hubby to have a wider support network. I think being worried is normal, it IS surgery, it's the shame that is really killing me. This forum has been such a blessing!

The only thing that scares me is the thought that it won't work. Or the thought that I won't lose enough weight pre-op and the surgery will be post-poned. I see the nut next Tuesday and my date is October 9. I am trying to get everything ready. I found a couple of super inexpensive but cute baggy dresses today for post-op. Trying to gradually get things ready...

One more thing that scares me-no coffee! I don't drink soda often, but definitely need a coffee kick in the morning!