Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advancing Post Op Diet Too Quickly?

I was sleeved Oct 8th and I'm just started soft foods today...this morning I had half a banana...for lunch I am going to try a very small crab cake...and dinner refried Beans with a lil cheese....does this sound okay? ...how much of these foods should I be able to eat at this point

Does not sound too bad, my doc says to purée or mash things well with a fork. How did it go?

I was sleeved 8 oct 12 and today was my first day of soft foods. I ate half a scrambled egg this morning. A tiny bit of cream cheese with rolled in thin deli sliced ham and then i pureed 1 0z of chicken for dinner with mock mashed potatoes made from pureed cauliflowe (2 tsp). So even though i pureed my chicken in the food processor, i was able to eat it with a fork. I hadnt heard thid rule until today, but it makes total sense. I dont want to do anything to jeopardize how well things have been going. I havent cheated yet! And im felling great. Maybe ill stick to Protein Shakes and pureed vegies for awhile. Better safe than sorry!

I LOVE the fork statement! I think I'll write that in my binder and post it on my fridge when I reach that stage! I'm scared my surgeon has me starting mushies and solids too soon compared to what I've read but when it comes to my health I play it way safe! And I figure if I'm getting my Protein and Vitamins in, what's it matter if I'm on full liquids longer?

I wonder how everyone has been tolerating their soft foods. They sound great! I have another 6 days of full liquids. :P My doctor also says once I start the soft foods no more liquid Protein Shakes unless I cant tolerate soft foods. He really stresses the whole don't drink your foods, because you will be hungry more often. Where any of you guys hungry during you liquid phases? I feel like I am, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling, if its just head hungry or real hungry. I'm am so terrified that I am going to be hungry and overeat during my soft foods and maintenance phases. I have friends that have had this and they say they are always hungry. I think it is because they eat the wrong things. At least that is what I am hoping. How about you guys, are you hungry or just head hungry?

I wonder how everyone has been tolerating their soft foods. They sound great! I have another 6 days of full liquids. :P My doctor also says once I start the soft foods no more liquid Protein Shakes unless I cant tolerate soft foods. He really stresses the whole don't drink your foods, because you will be hungry more often. Where any of you guys hungry during you liquid phases? I feel like I am, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling, if its just head hungry or real hungry. I'm am so terrified that I am going to be hungry and overeat during my soft foods and maintenance phases. I have friends that have had this and they say they are always hungry. I think it is because they eat the wrong things. At least that is what I am hoping. How about you guys, are you hungry or just head hungry?

I am on soft foods, 40 days out, and I can't say that I am hungry. If I am eating food and not shake I am really full for a long time essdecially with chicken. I eat 2 ounces at a time and it keeps me full for at least 4 hours.

Wow, I'm amazed at how there is so much difference in the stages. I just advanced to stage 4 yesterday (soft foods.) I can eat chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, and soft cheese. Also allowed a few saltines. My NUT told me I have to follow this for 4 weeks and absolutely no meat, I envy whoever can eat pot roast. She said no steak for at least 6 months. I recommend sticking to the stages and not cheating, I was very tempted to risk it but after she really lectured me about the importance of not cheating and the complications it can cause, I decided to just deal with it and eat only what was allowed for next four weeks. Good luck, you can do it.

I'm 10 days out of post and I was very hungry 2 days after surgery. I did clear for only 4 days and then moved to full liquids. I'm always hungry. I have a hard time eating more that 2oz at a time. I get full very quickly but get hungry a lot quicker, kind like eating Chinese food ( u get full and then ur hungry) I hate the way I feel when I eat, just never satisfied and wishing for texture and carbs!! Can we have coffee w/cream?? I'm so craving a pumkin spice latte ;(

I wonder how everyone has been tolerating their soft foods. They sound great! I have another 6 days of full liquids. :P My doctor also says once I start the soft foods no more liquid Protein shakes unless I cant tolerate soft foods. He really stresses the whole don't drink your foods' date=' because you will be hungry more often. Where any of you guys hungry during you liquid phases? I feel like I am, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling, if its just head hungry or real hungry. I'm am so terrified that I am going to be hungry and overeat during my soft foods and maintenance phases. I have friends that have had this and they say they are always hungry. I think it is because they eat the wrong things. At least that is what I am hoping. How about you guys, are you hungry or just head hungry?[/quote']

How do you get all your Protein in this way?