Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't need the gory details, but has anyone had to use an enema to get things moving? My surgeon suggested it if no BM by day 5. I'm on day 4 and nada so far but starting to get uncomfortable. How many days post op before you were able to go, and did you need an enema? The word alone scares me lol!

I was 6 days post op before I had a bm. Are you having gas? If so that is a good sign. F.Y.I. that frist bm will most likely be you most "solid" one for awhile.

Don't need the gory details' date=' but has anyone had to use an enema to get things moving? My surgeon suggested it if no BM by day 5. I'm on day 4 and nada so far but starting to get uncomfortable. How many days post op before you were able to go, and did you need an enema? The word alone scares me lol![/quote']

I was 5 days post op before my first bm. I'm 15 days post op now and have only had 3 bm's (so I'm averaging one every 5 days) Less going in = less going out. I did use some laxatives and prune juice to move things along a bit.

There's nothing inside me to move out! Still on liquids, basically the diet of an infant, so similar BMs. Have you tried prune juice? I'd really hate to go the enema route.

DEZ1975

Around day 5 at home

when hospital nurse came in my room day 2, she asked me if i had a BM yet, i had not - but i was afraid if i told her that, they would make me stay another day.

told her "yes" i had a BM

little white lie :o

kathy

Don't need the gory details, but has anyone had to use an enema to get things moving? My surgeon suggested it if no BM by day 5. I'm on day 4 and nada so far but starting to get uncomfortable. How many days post op before you were able to go, and did you need an enema? The word alone scares me lol!

Yes, I used one after about ten days post surgery with no movement. I did not use Fleet, instead I found a more natural one at the pharmacy. Same result but without the meds involved.

I say grab one and put it to good use!

I had one on day 3 funnily enough they give me this little cup of what looked like white glue I asked what it was they said a laxative I said oh I went 2 hours ago, they told me to still drink it, it was gross.

I wasn’t too bad for a while not every day or anything then second week in july worst experience everrrrrrrrrr!

I won’t TMI you on the details but get some prune juice!

I have been experimenting with it, how I am if I drink half a glass daily how I am if I don’t drink it how I am if I do every 2 or 3 days.

Before you go the enema route try prune juice and get a packet of glycerine suppositories it could be as simple as the prune juice maybe a little more in the suppositories and if it comes to it then use the enema kit.

I kicked off big time over my issue about the gp being crap and telling me to take things I am not allowed etc so I was told I can take the following f it happened again:

Lactulose but if your lactose intolerant you may not want this (which I am)

Movicol

Psyllium Husks

Thankfully I have never been at that stage again and my prune juice does the trick if I am a few days without.

Hope that was some help!

Wow...Im thinking you may be lucky you havent had any movement. TMI but I have had diarrhea for the last 3 days and I am 6 days post op.

liquid in, liquid out I guess.....its miserable especially when you are walking around in Walmart trying to buy school supplies, uggh!

Also do not forget the colace pills. They work but it will take several doses/days.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches