Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics!

Thank u so much! Im 5'3"

OMG! SO AM I!!! WHAT a inspiration you are!!! Thanks for posting!!!

Highest 349

Presurgery 301 (6/18)

Today 270.4

[ATTACH]17393[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17394[/ATTACH]

post-51650-13813669145365_thumb.png

post-51650-13813669145854_thumb.png

Thanks Curvy - I work out really hard, take my rest day, eat a ton of Protein (almost 200 g) and am not bulking out past a certain amount. My weight also seems to be stuck at average of 175. This is good for my height (5'11") and I am really athletic fit, but all I want for Christmas is some lean muscle and muscular bulk. :) how hard does this need to be? I mean my caloric load is 2000+ a day, eating every couple hours, lifting really heavy a couple times a week, doing brutal hiit strength training on the other days and I still cannot seem to gain any more weight or lean muscle. Ok, whining over. :)

Think about what you just wrote fiddle....just over 2000 calories a day, working out hard and not gaining muscle....no big surprise. Go read up on the diets of major league bodybuilders. I guarantee they are easily doubling or tripling your calorie intake. Now I'm not saying you should eat 4000-5000 calories a day...indeed we had this surgery so we couldn't do that. But to put on muscle, you need calories to do it...there's no way around it. That's why it's extremely difficult for sleevers to put on muscle past a certain point. You'd have to experiment with adding a gainer shake every day and see what happened...monitor your weight but also body fat %. Likely both will go up, you just have to decide if the muscle gained is worth it.

Pro bodybuilders go through bulking and cutting phases. They bulk up with lots of calories, then diet and shave the fat...leaving as much muscle as possible. They figured out long ago that trying to pack on the muscle without also adding some fat is next to impossible. But you could try to do a bulk phase followed by a cut and see where that left you. You might be able to preserve a few pounds of muscle with each phase. Put enough of them together and poof....you're a bodybuilder....that's how they do it.

Edit...jeez...I didn't mean for this to sound so uppity Fiddle. I was typing this while listening to someone else b***h at me about work related stuff and it filtered over....sorry.

Think about what you just wrote fiddle....just over 2000 calories a day' date=' working out hard and not gaining muscle....no big surprise. Go read up on the diets of major league bodybuilders. I guarantee they are easily doubling or tripling your calorie intake. Now I'm not saying you should eat 4000-5000 calories a day...indeed we had this surgery so we couldn't do that. But to put on muscle, you need calories to do it...there's no way around it. That's why it's extremely difficult for sleevers to put on muscle past a certain point. You'd have to experiment with adding a gainer shake every day and see what happened...monitor your weight but also body fat %. Likely both will go up, you just have to decide if the muscle gained is worth it.

Pro bodybuilders go through bulking and cutting phases. They bulk up with lots of calories, then diet and shave the fat...leaving as much muscle as possible. They figured out long ago that trying to pack on the muscle without also adding some fat is next to impossible. But you could try to do a bulk phase followed by a cut and see where that left you. You might be able to preserve a few pounds of muscle with each phase. Put enough of them together and poof....you're a bodybuilder....that's how they do it.

Edit...jeez...I didn't mean for this to sound so uppity Fiddle. I was typing this while listening to someone else b***h at me about work related stuff and it filtered over....sorry.[/quote']

Nah - your advice is perfectly on key. It is finally resonating at a frequency that is getting absorbed rather than bouncing around in my cavernous chamber know as my abstract mind. What i am after is indeed a losing battle because , quite frankly, it cannot be achieved by us sleevers due to caloric load limitations and genes. I will make due with the god given limitations I have been dealt when entering this world. There is no amount of supplementation or exercise that is going to shatter that glass ceiling short of genetically altering my DNA with future stem cell injections. Oh well. White flag of truce has risen. I still love the thrill of pushing myself so my face is smashed into the glass ceiling. Hope my wacko pontification on this topic is clear.

Nah - your advice is perfectly on key. It is finally resonating at a frequency that is getting absorbed rather than bouncing around in my cavernous chamber know as my abstract mind. What i am after is indeed a losing battle because ' date=' quite frankly, it cannot be achieved by us sleevers due to caloric load limitations and genes. I will make due with the god given limitations I have been dealt when entering this world. There is no amount of supplementation or exercise that is going to shatter that glass ceiling short of genetically altering my DNA with future stem cell injections. Oh well. White flag of truce has risen. I still love the thrill of pushing myself so my face is smashed into the glass ceiling. Hope my wacko pontification on this topic is clear.[/quote']

Me too fiddle. I like to push it, just with different goals.

I still think you could research some bulking and cutting phases. With some gainer shakes you could probably add some muscle. I just don't know how much. But I think realistically you could add a few pounds of LBM per cycle.

Time for an update on me:

Starting Weight: 338

DOS: (5-18-13) 288

Current weight: 196.6

141.4 pounds gone forever! Only 22 pounds & corset trunkplasty to go to get to GOAL! :-)

Also' date=' feel free to join my support group on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/DramafreeWLS/

[/quote']

do you still have your support group?

do you still have your support group?

Yes. I do. It's a great group. It is a secret group so you can't find it by searching. If you send me your email address in a PM I can add you that way.

Before: 271 (10/2011). After: 160 (8/2013) Sleeved May 2012.

Yay

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Highest 349

Presurgery 301 (6/18)

Today 270.4

Damn good job!!

The first 2 are before the last 2 are after and I am 2 months post op... Same pair of white scrubs.

Gooood job!!!