Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5'8 - 5'10 depending on where I was measured LOL How did you determine what your goal weight should be? BMI seems like such a huge range for healthy weight and dr didn't give me a set weight. For now I am shooting for 145 but everyone I have talked too said thus way too thin for my height.

I am right there at your height. I used to be almost 5'10" but now measure about 5'8 1/2" most of the time. My Dr and I have not discussed specific weights, but I am shooting for 199 and the going to reassess.

I think when I type my height into a BMI calculator I come up with something like 165 putting me into a "normal" weight range. I am not sure I want to be that low and I want to be realistic. I think we spend so much time focusing on a number and not nearly enough time focusing on body health. I want to be fit and if I am fit and happy at 199, then that will make me happy. I realistically think that I will end up around 175.

That is a really good question! I am 5'7 and "they" say I should be around 135- ha ha. Last time I was thinner I noticed I started getting sick more often when I dropped below 150. I think it will be totally clear as you get down in the 160's 150's. I know I am really comfortable with 155-160. BMI is wierd because it doesn't take in consideration bone size, fat to muscle ratio, and in some cases male/female. I am no expert but I think you are going to be happier and healthier at a heavier weight than 145. I think it is great you already lost 50+! Keep it up! Thanks for your post!

My formal goal weight is a hybrid of a weight I know I'm comfortable at (around 185) and what my BMI considers normal (about 170). I'm using 170 on most things like tickers because, why settle for less? Realistically, if I get to 199 and never lose another pound, I'd be happy - anything under 200 is my mantra, seeing as how I spent a LOT of years at 350+.

I am built large. I am not muscular, but I have a large frame. I'm just a hair over 5'10 and even when I was "skinny" I was never skinny. When your body type doffers from the core average, you have to take things like BMI with a grain of salt.

You can do whatever you set your heart on. I'm only 5'4" and chose 170 for goal. Why???

1.) zero loose skin

2.) realistic to achieve

3.) easy to maintain

4.) still considered overweight but I could care less--

5.) no longer obese

6.) kept my curves

7.) I'm in a size 10-12 and medium or large tops and I look and feel cute!!

Sure I could lose more but would risk regain and get saggy skin and would have more body issues than before... Just my 1 cents

Thanks everyone - I guess I'll just aim for onederland/199 and take it every 10 down from there and see where I look and feel the best! And can maintain!

I think for me the best way to decide is to think of a healthy weight I have been before. I'm 5'2 and most people would say I should be around 110-120, but I know that is not realistic for me. I was 140lbs 12 years ago, and wearing a size 10, and that is good enough for me!

I'm 5'7" and a little bit. My initial goal was 160 but the surgeon's office said 145-150. I think my ticker goal is for 150 now but 160 sounds pretty good to me! Heck, 192 feels fantastic.

I'll be at goal when I get rid of my belly roll!

I haven't set a goal with my doc yet. I'm in the same boat as Wheetsin. I'm a pretty large gal 5'11 with a large frame. My ticker goal would take me jusssssttt under obese. Do I ever think I could weigh 230, sure... I believe my satisfaction and happiness will be at a slightly higher weight though. The problem for me is I really don't remember what I looked like at 230 because I was young and all I knew was I was bigger than everyone else. So as I shrink I start to hash out the number.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches