Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Northern NJ's out there??

Hi Nikki, I am just wondering, were you in Chilton ER with a family member recently?? Just curious cause I met someone who was with family and told me she had just had the lap band and I told her that I had it done as well. That would be too funny if its you. Anyhow in case its not, I have lost about 50lbs since surgery. Going ok I had my pouch dilated cause I was eating too much and vomiting alot. So they let all the saline out and i took a rest till the pouch shrunk back to size now we are slowly making are way back with fills. But I am very happy with the results. Look fpoward to chating with you!!

Cheryl

May22,2006-215

Today-165

No- wasm't me. I haven't been nack _ Thank God since my own surgery. I know hat I have been there plenty before. Between the kids, myself and other freinds and family :-)

Please add me to your buddy list, I'd love to kep in touch. Do you attend the support groups at the pavillion?

Hello Nikki, Well I am suppose to attend my first meeting at the collins this week. Are you going?? I am also meeting with Susana on Friday, need to get a handle on my eating habbits. I would love to keep in touch as well, its nice to meet someone in the same area and the same surgeon.

No I don't think you have to sign up. The nutritionist told be about the meeting I think they hold them at the collins once a month. It Thursday at 5:30.

Hey Cherg-

Good luck at the meeting tomorrow. Let me know how it is. I am attending a parent informational meeting for parents of Juniors at my daughter's HS. Hopefully, I'll make it to the next one. I have an appt for my first fill on 4/12. I think I'm going to start a Dr. Gritsus thread. Please look it. Let's see if we can find some more people?

i was looking foward to meeting you so hopefully we will meet at the next meeting if you go. I have 3 kids one is 14 going into hs and i have a 10 and 6 year old as well. Just had hs orientation, it was neat. Thats a great idea to start that thread. Dr.Gritsus also has meetings every Monday nite at 730 at his office with a councelor. I have yet to attend one but I really need to get my butt in gear and go. Let me no when your going so I can look for you. I go for a adjustment on Tuesday think I need to be a little tighter. Gained a few pounds lately and I am not happy about that. Good luck at you first fill what a dofference after that.

Hi Ruthie! I live in Morris County and am a patient of Dr. Abkin. He is so nice and makes you feel like you are his only patient.

Tigger33, I was encouraged to choose Morristown Memorial, so I did. It seemed that Dr. Abkin preferred Morristown (my opinion) and the nurse practitioner couldn't praise it enough.

Glad there are so many of us NNJ'ians here. Haven't been to a support group meeting yet but I'd love to meet up with all of you at some point.

Virginia

hi tigger

Just wanted to say hi to all. I had my surgery at St. Claires in Dover. It went great and the people were wonderful. I had the surgery 1/16/07. I am getting my first fill April 19th and I am so looking forward to this. I was doing great in the beginning lost about 24 pounds. Because of my insurance I had to wait 3 months for the fill. To me that is so horrible. Mentally I was so prepared for this journey and the last month I have to struggle not to gain weight. After all if I could do this on my own I would not be in the bind I am in now. Anyway not losing any more weight but still exercising I am a little discouraged. I too had Dr. Abkin and thought he was wonderful. I work in Sussex County but live in Warren County.

Just wanted to say hi to all and really looking forward to my first fill. At this point I can eat what as much as I did before the surgery. That is not good. Also what do they mean when they say slipped band. anyone?

Thanks lo

Hello everyone!! I'm a newbie here in Union, NJ! I'm going for my surgery consult on 4/18 with Dr. Bertha. I'm so excited!! I just wanted to say hello to my hometown (well, homestate at least) fellow bandsters and hopefully I'll be joining you soon.

I haven't gone but keep saying I want to go. Just lazy I guess. I go tomorrow for my first fill and boy do I need it. My old habits are creeping back. I had my surgery 1/16/07. Lo

Does anyone here go to the Dr's Abkin/Bertha support meetings?

I have gone to many and try to go every month to the first one. (I'm one of the moderators.) I plan to go to both each month for a while, as I definitely need it!

Alexandra, can you tell me when they are? I know there are two monthly in Florham Park...is it the first and third wednesday? And I think there was also a second support group that met at the inn where the seminar was? I'm a little foggy...I attended the seminar last August.

I hope you are feeling better. I've been looking around to see how your surgery went. Were they able to replace your band?

Virginia

The meetings are on the 2nd and last Wednesdays of each month and are held down the hall from the office in Florham Park. Turn left off the elevator instead of right.

I'm feeling great, my removal surgery was a breeze! My next appointment with Dr. A is on the 3rd, and I just hope we'll be able to schedule a day to install a new band at that time. Fingers CROSSED!!