Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 weeks out and haven't had too bad of a time but two days ago I woke with Sharp pain on my left side kinda under my rib cage. I'm just praying it goes away. It hurts when moving or not moving. Blah

Just out of curiosity, were you checked for gallstones prior to your surgery?

No, I was not checked. I was self pay and only was required to do blood work and ekg.

I had set up an infection from surgery three weeks after. It sounds to me like the exact same thing I had. See your doctor NOW!!!!!!

My incision on the left side has been repoened and i pack it twice a day. I was very sick the longer you wait to longer it will take to heal.

All my incisions are closed. Was it an infection from the inside? Thanks for yalls help! This is so worrisome and being self pay I'm not sure who I call, my surgeon or my pcp.

Yes, the infection started from the inside. It was caused from surgery. My best advice is to call your doctor's office and have them run some blood work. I was in the hospital for four days in terrible pain. I hope you feel better soon.

gallbladder pain is right side (or back, shoulder)-- call the surgeon.

Calling now, thanks yall!

Praying for you, keep us posted.

Had the same pain. It went away in about a week. Think I pulled a muscle/stitch picking up some drinks.< /p>

For me it took the longest time for my left side to stop hurting. Just when I thought it was better I would feel it again. It felt like it was bottom rib at times. I am 7 weeks post op and it just stopped maybe a week or so ago. My doctor said that is the area they do the most work from and take your stomach out from. So I would call and ask the doctor. I hope it gets better soon! :)

My drs nurse suggested taking milk of magnesia to see if it helped the pain. The theory is that I introduced raw vegetables this past week and they were most likely not digesting well... Ok so I took her advice and did two days of MOM and wow my pain is gone. Thank you so much for the help,prayers, and concern. :)

So glad you are feeling better!!!!