Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four Days "real Food" And Paying For It...owwww

Four days in a row no day skipped without at least one "meal" of real food.< /p>

Yesterday I even reached my calorie goal by eating 4 small meals. I am paying for it now. WOW! I hurt. Just below my tummy and just above my pants line...not moving the way it usually does, as if it is discomfort passing food.

:/

Ouch! That sounds painful! Hope you feel better soon!

Why do you think this occurred? Some of my guesses:

• Too much food
  • Food option difficult to digest, sleeve not ready for it yet
  • Not chewed enough

Are you taking PPIs or antacids? I think this can possible cause some harm if it is not *required*. Think about this ... your stomach needs acids to break down the food to get to that pasty consistency to pass smoothly through the pyloric valve and into the intestines where absorption takes place. If the acid has been reduced from PPIs or over-neutralized from antacids, you may not have enough acids to break the food down enough. It passes into the intestines and doesn't feel too good because it is not quite the pasty texture it needs.

Anyhew, I am not an expert and that is just my conjecture. Another question ... if it is not feeling right, do you feel you have to push it?

Every time I try to eat a real meal i get very nauseous , I took two bites of a cheeseburger and it made me so sick I thought I might never eat a meal again . I hope you feel better soon, my nutritionist said that if we advance to the next stage and can't tolerate it to just go back to the previous stage for a day or two and then try again

Every time I try to eat a real meal i get very nauseous ' date=' I took two bites of a cheeseburger and it made me so sick I thought I might never eat a meal again . I hope you feel better soon, my nutritionist said that if we advance to the next stage and can't tolerate it to just go back to the previous stage for a day or two and then try again[/quote']

Beef is not our friend yet. :( I ate half of an egg this morning and it took 30 mins. As tired as I am of chocolate Protein shakes they feel the best going down and I can drink 8oz (in an hour) with no problems. I'm afraid to continue to add new foods

Since Friday I have been tolerating a tablespoon , maybe a little more of scrambled eggs, I like the egg beater western version because it has a great flavor to it and helps me not feel like my food is so bland. I can't keep the Protein Drinks down either, so I tried mixing one scoop instead of two with sugar free ice cream and 2% milk to try and get at least some Protein, and i liked it much more than the two scoops in Water or just milk. Maybe I can build up to the whole serving, but I'm hoping that a little is better than none....oh and grilled chicken chewed really really well has been ok for me too. I checked out the baby food aisle , but wasn't sure about it .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches