Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Weeks Post-Op, Looking For A Mentor, Struggling, Pcos

Hi! I am currently 10 weeks post-op. I'm having trouble with the everyday ups and downs on the scale. I'm looking for a mentor. Someone who can offer encouragement and advice. While I am probably doing well, I feel like it needs to be better. I have PCOS, which really does affect weight loss. Also I have an injury that prevents me from working out like a "normal" person. Even going for a walk, boy do I pay for it . (Thank you roller derby or my torn PCL, MCL and everything else wrong in my knee. Lol.) I am having surgery for it in the fall. But until then I feel like I am wasting all the "good early time". I am struggling with the mental part. Which is where a lot of the advice and encouragement comes into play. Things like, I'm afraid to eat very much (but I do) because I want to lose and am afraid of stretching out my sleeve. I feel like I am eating to much so I think I am stretching it out. See, mental. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein, and most importantly I hardly get in Water. I never was much of a drinker during the day. But then theres more mental, I'm even afraid too much liquid is going to stretch it out. Geez, if anyone takes on this challenge, you've got your work cut out for you. Haha. But really I think more so i just need encouragement from someone that understands. I really don't have anyone in my life that gets it at all.

Thank you so much to the person who can be there for me.

You are doing great! 42 pounds in 10 weeks is a lot. You are so close to being under 40 bmi, which is a huge accomplishment in that little amount of time.

I don't think you could overdue it with liquid if you tried, if you don't like plain Water have you tried adding crystal light or mio to your water? What are you eating for your Protein?

Hi! I am currently 10 weeks post-op. I'm having trouble with the everyday ups and downs on the scale. I'm looking for a mentor. Someone who can offer encouragement and advice. While I am probably doing well' date=' I feel like it needs to be better. I have PCOS, which really does affect weight loss. Also I have an injury that prevents me from working out like a "normal" person. Even going for a walk, boy do I pay for it . (Thank you roller derby or my torn PCL, MCL and everything else wrong in my knee. Lol.) I am having surgery for it in the fall. But until then I feel like I am wasting all the "good early time". I am struggling with the mental part. Which is where a lot of the advice and encouragement comes into play. Things like, I'm afraid to eat very much (but I do) because I want to lose and am afraid of stretching out my sleeve. I feel like I am eating to much so I think I am stretching it out. See, mental. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein, and most importantly I hardly get in Water. I never was much of a drinker during the day. But then theres more mental, I'm even afraid too much liquid is going to stretch it out. Geez, if anyone takes on this challenge, you've got your work cut out for you. Haha. But really I think more so i just need encouragement from someone that understands. I really don't have anyone in my life that gets it at all.

Thank you so much to the person who can be there for me.[/quote']

Wow, I am feeling those same emotions as you are!! All those worries that you have I have!! I am only 3 weeks out and I lost 15 the first week, and then put four back on, I don't know why. I eat pretty much what I'm suppose to, and I'm so frustrated. My tummy is bloated, now I'm sick with a summer cold, my throat is sore, runny nose, and aches all over. I am so afraid that this surgery is not going to work and that I won't lose another pound. I also have physical problems that don't allow me to work out like others. I have tried to do some strength training, and now I'm suffering for it. UGH....I wish I had the advice to give to you, but I just wondered if this happened to you in the beginning also. I would be happy just to be down another 5-10 pds. I know losing it too fast is not good, but come on..the scales need to say something else. I don't want this surgery to be for nothing, with everything I went through!! I can be there for you to vent!!!

I SOOO feel your pain. Wt loss has been really slow for me as well! I stayed in the hospital an extra 3 days because I couldn't tolerate any Fluid, by the time I got home I looked like the stay puff marshmallow man!

So far, a month out, I have lost 28lbs including the wt before surgery.

I gather that the average wt loss is about 1.5-2 lbs a week.

Be patient, don't lose faith, it will come off.

Drink your Water, your Protein drinks, and increase your activity as you can tolerate.

You will do great!

Hi all! I'm so sorry I never responded after my original post. Update! 14 1/2 weeks post op down 55 lbs. So I have lost, 13 lbs in about 5 weeks. Well when I look at it like that it doesn't seem like much, but when I look at the big picture/number.... It looks pretty good! I think now that I can see the difference with my body and that the number is significant, I can look at it and be happy. My weightloss seems to be about 1 1/5 to 2 lbs a week. But I honestly don't look at that. I just keep an eye on my running total. I think one reason we get frustrated is because we are so used to seeing and hearing about people who has gastric bypass. We get that excellerated weightloss thought in our heads and when we lose it slower (slower in comparison, yet right on track for this surgery) it becomes discouraging. But remember all the reasons you chose this surgery verses the others. I'm going to assume many are like me and chose it because it is healthier.

Oh also exercise. I still don't do any. I am looking at knee surgery to happen about the 2nd week of October. So I'm looking forward to that even though I'm more nervous about it then I ever was with my wls. But I want to start pairing exercise with this because I even though I'm lighter, I still feel tired and heavy. I have no energy and I know its because I'm not very active.

Wow' date=' I am feeling those same emotions as you are!! All those worries that you have I have!! I am only 3 weeks out and I lost 15 the first week, and then put four back on, I don't know why. I eat pretty much what I'm suppose to, and I'm so frustrated. My tummy is bloated, now I'm sick with a summer cold, my throat is sore, runny nose, and aches all over. I am so afraid that this surgery is not going to work and that I won't lose another pound. I also have physical problems that don't allow me to work out like others. I have tried to do some strength training, and now I'm suffering for it. UGH....I wish I had the advice to give to you, but I just wondered if this happened to you in the beginning also. I would be happy just to be down another 5-10 pds. I know losing it too fast is not good, but come on..the scales need to say something else. I don't want this surgery to be for nothing, with everything I went through!! I can be there for you to vent!!![/quote']

I hope you are doing better now! That cold better be long gone. I just updated me. So how has the scale been treating you? I lost I believe 18 lbs in the first month. And 11 was in the first week I think. So yes, it has been slow since the beginning. I stall a lot. But the way they explained it to me is that it is very much the tend for sleevers is you stall and then drop, stall and then drop, stall and then drop. Oh and yes my scale goes up and down! That can be very discourageing. But it does work and will for you! I hope that it is. In my post above I talk about how I don't really pay attention to what I loss at the end of the week but I just like to watch the overall total loss. Then I'm not looking at 1's and 2's. I'm looking at double digits. I think watching that puts it in perspective. Update me on how you are doing!

I SOOO feel your pain. Wt loss has been really slow for me as well! I stayed in the hospital an extra 3 days because I couldn't tolerate any fluid' date=' by the time I got home I looked like the stay puff marshmallow man!

So far, a month out, I have lost 28lbs including the wt before surgery.

I gather that the average wt loss is about 1.5-2 lbs a week.

Be patient, don't lose faith, it will come off.

Drink your Water, your Protein drinks, and increase your activity as you can tolerate.

You will do great!

[/quote']

Thank you so much! I'm keeping my chin up. It's a big mental game too. I'm trying very hard to stay positive about all aspects and really believe it too. Lol. I know now that I see a difference in my body and my total loss is a significant number, I can see it is working!

Hi! I am currently 10 weeks post-op. I'm having trouble with the everyday ups and downs on the scale. I'm looking for a mentor. Someone who can offer encouragement and advice. While I am probably doing well' date=' I feel like it needs to be better. I have PCOS, which really does affect weight loss. Also I have an injury that prevents me from working out like a "normal" person. Even going for a walk, boy do I pay for it . (Thank you roller derby or my torn PCL, MCL and everything else wrong in my knee. Lol.) I am having surgery for it in the fall. But until then I feel like I am wasting all the "good early time". I am struggling with the mental part. Which is where a lot of the advice and encouragement comes into play. Things like, I'm afraid to eat very much (but I do) because I want to lose and am afraid of stretching out my sleeve. I feel like I am eating to much so I think I am stretching it out. See, mental. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein, and most importantly I hardly get in Water. I never was much of a drinker during the day. But then theres more mental, I'm even afraid too much liquid is going to stretch it out. Geez, if anyone takes on this challenge, you've got your work cut out for you. Haha. But really I think more so i just need encouragement from someone that understands. I really don't have anyone in my life that gets it at all.

Thank you so much to the person who can be there for me.[/quote']

We all need support in this new journey we are taking in our lives to better ourselves. I have my surgery on the 19th of June and I"m only down 27 lbs. I have been walking on the tread mill, and one other person who had the surgery the same day as I did, has lost 54 pds. I have found that working out has helped the scale to move some this past week. Last weekend was a weekend away, and I didn't get the Protein in like I should have, and had to eat fast food. YUCK. Everything taste horrible to me, and I still get heart burn really bad. The one thing that I know is...losing it a bit slower will keep the skin from stretching out. So I have excepted that fact that everyone else is different. Another thing I was drinking Protein drinks that were higher in carbs, and I changed that. My nurse told me that drinking will not stretch your stomach out!! It is important to make sure that you eat protein first, then veggies, then fruit. Which I don't eat much fruit yet. I have something wrong with my shoulder and I can't get into the Dr.s till next week, so the pain with that has kept me from doing other excerises that I need. Walking is all I can do for now, so I have to force myself everyday to do that. the person who lost 54 pds also works out 5 times a week. So that will be my goal. Each day I bump it up a little bit, even if it's just one more lap.

All those fears you're feeling are real, but the human body is amazing how it works. You made a big step in your decision, just like we all did, and you will be fine. I have a long way to go, but that's ok, I can do it, and I tell myself that everyday. We're all here for you melbelinc, so we'll do it together. This is the best site I have come across that has helped me so much. good luck and keep in touch!!