Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To All This !

Havn't been able to understand alot of the messages, don't know the lingo.Haven't been banded yet. date set for Sept. 12. On that horrible diet for 3 wks. and not doing so good! The longest 3 wks. of my life! Trying to get my son ready for university and starving to death , is not easy. Let's face it, starving to death while doing anything is not easy! Please tell me it gets easier once the band is on?

:hungry:

I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but I haven't been banded yet either. I too am scheduled for 9/12. I hope someone responds to your question. Good luck getting you son off to school.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

This should help with the lingo and as far as it getting easier. I think right after surgery it will be easier. You won't be hungry and you will get full off of fluids and your chewable Vitamin supplements. Find a Protein Drink you like and make it your new friend. Hydration is so important for the first few days and even weeks after surgery. It is hard to believe how difficult it is to drink 8 glasses of Water a day for the first few weeks.

Hi Kattiegirl....where in Canada are you getting banded? (assuming it is in Canada!).

Ummmm....does it get easier? Yeah, it does. But then it gets harder!!! LOL For me it did anyways. But, I finally have a good amount of restriction and so it is getting a bit easier again!

Keep it up....I know the pre-op diet is difficult but well worth it in the end! I just kept telling myself if "those other people" can do it, so can I, dammit!!!

oh yeah, and Welcome to the Canuck Threads!! (we play nice here in our lil' sandbox!).

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Yoda, I'm being done in Toronto, but I live in Kingston, a 3 hour drive. I'm also being done in hospital not in the clinic, I'm one of those who can never do things nice & simple like everyone else !

Yoda!!! Give me back my shovel!!!:yell: .......................lol

Congratulations kattiegirl and want2lose..who will be your surgeon? "Will it get better" yes then no then yes, how's that for an answer. In the long run definately YES and happier and hope-filled!!

Can I defect to Canada?

Sure WanttoLose but the minute you don't play nice we're hitting you on the head with the pail and booting your arse outta here!

Cloe: owieeeee *throws sand in your eyes*

Kattie: ahhhh, that happened to Mr. Loriely as well...he had his done in hosp. it TO. Who are your docs?

Dr. Cobourn is the only one I know of so far. Will probably get more names when I get there, hopefully! This gets more & more frightening, the more I talk about it! Am I the only one that's felt this way?

Nope, absolutely not!!!! Everyone is nervous, this is a life altering surgery. I can only tell you it was the best decision of my life. You would have to kill me to get my band out.:P

I also had Dr. Cobourn........LOVE HIM!!! He is sooooo awesome. You won't be let down by him. But others on our Canadian thread have had other surgeons and felt the same way. I don't think we have any bad ones around. Just need to find the one your comfortable with. Best Wishes!!

I barely made it through a week of pre-op. I had to rely on my friend 3 Loves to get me through the worse of it. I was strickly on Carnation Instant Breakfast and Water. She suggested I get something else into me, and I choose the broth from a can of chicken noodle Soup and it sure did the trick. I needed something hot in my body. Did I mention I hate milk products, so that diet really sucked. By the 4th day I was becoming used to the hunger, but so anxious to have the surgery.

It is so worth it in the end. I've been banded since July 18th and the experience has been nothing but positive...no fill yet and down 22 lbs.

Please tell me why u all have selected Lapband over Gastricbypass? The weight seems to come off faster & the big thing Ohip covers it. I had no choice due to other stomach surgeries.

Please tell me why u all have selected Lapband over Gastricbypass? The weight seems to come off faster & the big thing Ohip covers it. I had no choice due to other stomach surgeries.