Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks post op and my entire family has the stomach flu... now I've come down with it plus its that time of the month. Omg... a triple wammy... i feel like I'm dying. Ugggggggggg

FLUIDS, FLUIDS, and Did I say FLUIDS!

Drink as much Water as you can! This will pass. Let us know how your doing! :)

Doing much better but emotional very upset that my house is a wreck. I understand everyone was sick for a few days but seriously.... who the heck leaves dirty clothes right by the front door. I'm a single mom of two teens and a tween. My youngest is the most helpful. Today my oldest 16 yr old daughter was just so disrespectful. I almost feel like she is jealous of me. She said "my friends already thought you were hot... now i can't bring anyone around" i was like... ARE YOU SERIOUS! I'M 38! And i don't dress inappropriately ever! I work at a school! I'm an emotional mess today!

Karen ~ teens are the most difficult to handle. She is probably confused about her feelings and about what's going on. I remember those days when my daughter would act like a total B**** towards me. I would smile inside and remind myself that at that age, she knows nothing! So I chose my battles wisely. I also took a look inside me and worked on not over reacting to my teens behavior and what my reactions were. It was hard, but well worth it. My daughter and son has grown and have evolved in so many ways. Our relationship is better, but they still have their days. I'm glad your doing better and hopefully these days get fewer and fewer. :)

Thanks dorrie. I really have to stop spoiling them. I really feel like they are ungrateful and take me for granted. We are not well off by any means yet somehow i manage to get them everything they have ever wanted. And how am i rewarded? By my daughter calling me a b####. I literally buy myself NOTHING. I don't even have underwear that fit, and they have ipods, laptops, trendy clothes, my gosh my ex bought my son a Porsche .... i have a 1999 rusted mini van. I'm lost and feel like its time for me to be selfish!

Thanks dorrie. I really have to stop spoiling them. I really feel like they are ungrateful and take me for granted. We are not well off by any means yet somehow i manage to get them everything they have ever wanted. And how am i rewarded? By my daughter calling me a b####. I literally buy myself NOTHING. I don't even have underwear that fit, and they have ipods, laptops, trendy clothes, my gosh my ex bought my son a Porsche .... i have a 1999 rusted mini van. I'm lost and feel like its time for me to be selfish!

I think you are right. It does go to show that having things doesn't necessarily make a person appreciate them or the person that breaks their back to get it for them.

First thing you do is go out shopping and buy yourself some pretty underwear. I have the tendency to want to wait because I think it's a waste of money, but seriously. I went to Victoria Secret and got those colorful, every day panties for a reasonable price. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel. Then do some more shopping.

Then make them get jobs :-) LOL

A lot of our children don't know what it's like to not have those luxuries, they take them for granite. I believe that when our children turn 16 that it's really beneficial for them to get a job so they learn how to manage their money. It does help them build self esteem in a real sense, and it keeps them busy so they stay out of trouble. I agree with it's time to do a little shopping for you. Undies are so fun. I liked shopping at Macy's with my daughter and I taught her how to buy some at a really good discounted price. She was amazed. Love my new undies! I really needed them. Hang in there and take better care of yourself. You deserve it! Live for today and be happy! Show your children how to take of you, they will be watching you and they will be learning from you. Look at it this way, if you don't do things to take care of you, you really can't take care of them. You come first! :)