Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi to all. My name is Jan and I had my surgery on Wed. 6/27. I was home on the 29th. I am doing my walking and never hungry so I have a hard time getting my shakes down. Yesterday I got down 12 oz of shake made with milk. I am retaining so much Water -my feet and hands are swollen and I have not lost weight really. I feel weak. I am 61 so I guess I am not expected to bounce back as quickly as I did when I was younger. Please let me know if someone has had similar experiences. Thanks and hoping to hear from you.

Hi Jan! First congrats on your new sleeve. I am fairly new with my sleeve but I can tell you that each day does get better! Hang in there!

Hi Jan. I don't think how you're feeling has anything to do with your age. I'm 57 and a veteran of many surgeries dating back to when I was 32. I always felt like crap for a while. It often takes weeks or even months to get your old energy back. Just keep pushing yourself a little more every day and you're going to feel like a million dollars soon enough.

I had mine on the 25th home on the 27th I was told to only drink 4 oz each time u should check on the 12 and I can't have milk yet I'm glad your r doing good happy for U ...

I didn't show any loss for at least 6 days, it is all the Fluid they pump in to you. If you are having problems with the shakes, leave them in the fridge and just drink a few sips an hour. Make sure you are drinking you other fluids during that time also.

CONGRATS and welcome to THE BIG LOSER'S BENCH! Keep walking and sipping and it gets better every day! :)

Hey Jan! I had my sleeve the same day!! I too am having trouble getting a lot of Fluid down. I have found it easier to get the sugar free popsicles :) they taste pretty good, and are very refreshing! Not to mention they go down nice and slow. I also have very little energy, and I'm on 19, so don't even worry about it being age! We'll get through this girl!!

I had my surgery the same day as you too. I got to go home on 6/28. On the 29th it took me all day to drink 28oz of Protein Drink & I was 5g short of min Protein my doc wants me to get each day. But every day has gotten better drinking wise. Yesterday I was able to drink 40oz which got more than min protein recommended. I also make hot herbal tea & have a glass of ice Water and alternate between the 3 drinks. I'm 33 YO and had a hard time with recovery at the hospital initially due to nausea. Now that I've gotten nausea/dry heaves under control & can drink my liquids better, I need to get more walking in.

Thanks so much to all who have answered. I really makes me feel better knowing that there are other out there tha have some of the same problems. I am also so glad to meet some same day surgeries. Thanks again.