Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had 3 c-sections that were awful. Can anyone tell me based on their experience if the c-section is more painful than the VSG? Just curious what I can compare it to. I had my gallbladder out 4 years ago, and that hurt much much less than a c-section.

I have never had a C section, but from what I have heard, C sections are by far worse!! The sleeve, to me, was an extremely easy surgery with not a lot of residual pain.

I have never had a C section' date=' but from what I have heard, C sections are by far worse!! The sleeve, to me, was an extremely easy surgery with not a lot of residual pain.[/quote']

That's good to hear. I'm tentatively scheduled end of August and based off of some of these threads I'm more scared now than before I joined this site.

The pain is nothing! It's like have a sore and the areas around the sore get pulled. Its a lot of discomfort. At least for me. :)

I have had two c-sections.. the first much worse than the second. I have also had my gall bladder out. The sleeve for me was waaaay easier than the gall bladder and that was wwaaaayyy easier then either c section. Pain after surgery is a non issue for most people. I took no pain meds at all after day 2. You will be a little sore but thats about it, no excruciating pain. That was my experience.

I found it easy, too, and I'm a real baby when it comes to pain. The hospital gave me a morphine pump I never had to use. The doctor gave me pain and nausea medicines for at home that I never had to use. For about a week, there was slight pain getting out of bed.

People tend not to post about experiences like that. It's the tough situations that get the attention because they stand out so strongly in the person's mind. I was sleeved on April 23rd this year and don't even really remember much about the surgery or the recovery.

Good luck! You will be so glad you did this!

Thank you both for the info. I started having some doubts as so many if these threads are misery stories. I was thinking what was I about to do to myself. Originally my mind was set that I would have the surgery, heal and move on. Just as I did with the c sections and gall bladder. But reading some people's stories I'm scared to death now.

c-section is much worse. I just had a lot of nausea from the anesthesia but other than that your abdomen will be sore like you did 500 situps

I really appreciate all of your feedback. It's nice to see normal stories vs the horror stories I am reading. I know it's going to hurt, but so many are making it seem so awful.

I really appreciate all of your feedback. It's nice to see normal stories vs the horror stories I am reading. I know it's going to hurt' date=' but so many are making it seem so awful.[/quote']

Ohhh thank you so much for this question!!! I have had 4 C-Sections and a hysterectomy, plus I broke my leg and had 2 surgeries for that. I am sooo happy to hear the csections are worse!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you both for the info. I started having some doubts as so many if these threads are misery stories. I was thinking what was I about to do to myself. Originally my mind was set that I would have the surgery, heal and move on. Just as I did with the c sections and gall bladder. But reading some people's stories I'm scared to death now.

Keep remembering the reasons to have the surgery. That will keep you focused.

I really appreciate all of your feedback. It's nice to see normal stories vs the horror stories I am reading. I know it's going to hurt, but so many are making it seem so awful.

there are always risks of complications for any surgery. Everyone will have a different story to tell because we all feel pain at different levels. Mine was very minimal. However I made sure to take all the pain meds offered. I am a firm believer in them! As far as feeling normal, on the 4th day out from surgery I was able to take my kids to the park, lay on the concrete on my stomach and draw with chalk with my daughter. I couldnt imagine doing that 4 days after having a c-section! good luck!

I as worried about the pain too. I figured I would be one of the stand out stories of horrid pain. I consulted a friend who had the surgery and asked him about his pain level. His response was "its a non-issue" I had no pain really at all and you are worrying needlessly. You will see... its not a painful surgery. Boy was he right! I was so happy to find out that i could walk up and down the halls and I was just a little sore. No need for pain meds after the first day really. Dont let the horror stories get you down. There are a few people who have pain after but I think they are the overwhelming minority! Who knows what there pain threshold is? If you have had a csection you will be like "what? thats it?" Why was I even worried about this??" Good luck to you. :)

You ladies are great! I feel better already. My c-sections were rough, so i am glad to hear this surgery is easier. My kids are older now at 8, 10, and 13, so I know they will be helping me. My husband is great support, but he's Netvous about me doing this. I have 90 pounds to get to my ideal "normal" weight. I gained weight with my first child, never lost the weight and kept on gaining from there. Diets do not work for me. I need this tool. From your posts, I believe I am making the right choice. I'm trying not to read the negative posts, but I can't help it. Hopefully when my surgery is over, I will have a positive experience to tell!!