Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is There A Spell Check Here?

Across the top, I see bold, Italics, Underline, etc. All other message boards have an ABC or something to indicate a spell check.

I thought I remembered Alex saying there was a spell check. I am not seeing it. Are there different versions

here depending on which browser you use?

Not real sure if there is actual spell check button to click but what i find is if you have a word underlined in red indicating its misspelled, then right click on that word and a list of options (Word substitutes) come up. Hope this helps.

It doesn't turn red for me.

It doesn't turn red for me.

Spell check is normally browser dependent. Which browser are you using ?

Firefox and it's weird. Normally, if I spell something wrong, there is a red line under it.

For some reason when I post here, I never see a red line, even if I am not sure I spelled something right.

Firefox and it's weird. Normally, if I spell something wrong, there is a red line under it.

For some reason when I post here, I never see a red line, even if I am not sure I spelled something right.

Please see this article and let me know if that helps.

I read the article, and I checked my options on firefox. I had check spelling as I type checked. Like I said, on other websites, the red line shows up when I spell something wrong, but not here. I just typed a word and spelled it wrong on purpose and no red line. weird.

I've even right clicked and clicked on check spelling and nothing happens. Luckily, usually I am a good speller, I think.

I read the article, and I checked my options on firefox. I had check spelling as I type checked. Like I said, on other websites, the red line shows up when I spell something wrong, but not here. I just typed a word and spelled it wrong on purpose and no red line. weird.

I've even right clicked and clicked on check spelling and nothing happens. Luckily, usually I am a good speller, I think.

Ok, thanks for confirming! I'm going to have our designer and developer look at this issue.

Thanks Alex. As usual, you're wonderful for staying on top of things so well around here.

I appreciate that!

I just wondered why your program doesn't have spell check because (I'm sure you know

we check all out OH) their tool bar has ABC right on it right next to the smileys.

Hi Oregondaisy,

In my testing, the spell check works fine - so in order to try and resolve this for you, I'll need some additional information.

You're using Firefox, but do you happen to know what version? Also, are you using a Mac or a PC?

With regards to why we do not have a spellcheck built into the editor here..it's because there really shouldn't be a need, being that modern web browsers have spell checking built-in. It would be added overhead and development to implement a feature that any modern browser already supports.

Thanks

Can you do me a favor:

1) Misspell a word, such as donkay

2) Highlight the word, and right click on it.

3) Hover over "Languages" in the menu that appears

4) Select "English / United States"

Please let me know the results.

donkay thanks Ken! I totally get you cause OH's software is horrible.

I never knew that you had to choose the language. The red line now appears over donkay.

My lap top is a PC (Dell) not a Mac. I am not sure which version of firefox it is, but I always update every time I get the "update available" message.

Everything is working great now that you told me to do the language thing.

Thanks again!!